Inconsistent performance while using foot motion to open the trunk.

Mindumer

Using the foot motion to open the trunk is proving difficult for me to master. I stand at the corner of the bumper and wave my leg. It has a 40% success rate in opening. I attempted to understand it but am unable to grasp it. What is lacking?
I inquired with the dealer when I had my 2023 vehicle. He recommended that I stand on the back bumper, but that approach is as ineffective.
The dealer is around 45 minutes away, and I did not have the opportunity to return there.

It was quite effective for me over the summer. Almost every move I made had a 99% success rate in opening and closing the trunk. Pleasant.

But as winter arrived, it became a big nuisance. I can only successfully open the trunk of the same automobile 5% to 10% of the time. Each time I identify a correct angle and indicate it, it doesn't function the following day and requires a different angle. I stopped trying since it causes my pants to become soiled when I had to attempt to open the trunk 15 times. I mostly use the remote or trunk button now. I hope everything will return to normal in the summers. The automobile seems to be impacted by a combination of salt, filth, ice, and snow residue, even after being thoroughly cleaned.

I discovered that stepping to the side and kicking vigorously beneath the right or left rear portion reliably triggers it for me. If done correctly, you will likely end up kicking the automobile.

I tested it outside and it is not functioning. I will bring it to the dealer for inspection. Lev also reported that it did not function for him during winter. It is now winter in Wisconsin, however the temperature is not extremely chilly at the moment. I had it cleansed and had an underbody flush.

Yes, that was my experience before the roads were covered with a mixture of ice, snow, mud, and salt. Now it's more like "kick forcefully and hope your shinbone doesn't fracture."

These automobiles are replete with surprises. Today, I was unable to start my automobile due to the notice "refer to handbook. smart key deactivated." I was able to lock and unlock my vehicle with the fob, but I couldn't start it.

Researching on Google was beneficial. Lock the vehicle with the key fob, unlock it using the mobile app, and there you have it. You may now proceed to restart the automobile. Simple-minded. The explanation seems to be my action of remotely locking the vehicle using the app last night. I would be unable to resolve this problem without using Google.

I had the identical problem after locking the vehicle with the InControl app the previous night. The next day, I drove the vehicle, stopped, turned it off, and walked inside a shop. Returned to the vehicle and unlocked it by just bringing the fob close to the car and pressing the handle. Upon attempting to start, the system said that the key had been disabled. After exiting the vehicle, I locked it and attempted to use the key again, but it was disabled. The dealership confirmed that this is an issue. Guided me through the process of locking and unlocking using the app, and after many attempts, the key was reactivated.

This one is quite unusual. With the exception of one of my Rovers, this system works well, activating consistently and effortlessly. One of them fails to activate around 50% of the time, and when it does, it requires many efforts.

To access the trunk/cargo space, stand behind the back tyre of the vehicle and kick just behind where the mud flap is located. Give it a kick and wait for 1 second, it often opens.

Repeatedly kicking instead of kicking once will result in the process failing.