VibrantShin
Members-
Posts
218 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by VibrantShin
-
The only issue I have is that the primary LED projector headlights also function as the DRL (daylight running lights), which is why I have disabled the DRL in my settings. I really dislike it when manufacturers choose to implement Daytime Running Lights (DRL) in a manner that does not include distinct, dedicated LED DRLs. This is particularly true when the execution of such lights is not done well, as is often the case. I have a tendency to find vehicles with primary headlights functioning as Daytime Running Lights (DRL) uncomfortable to look at while they are approaching me, therefore it is likely that my negative opinion of them is influenced by this prejudice. The non-motorized LED headlights provide excellent vision for drivers at night, surpassing the performance of my prior 2020 Toyota LED headlights. However, there have been reports of technical issues with the motorised version of the headlights in some Mazda trim levels that are more expensive. The LED taillights on my 2022 non-turbo Carbon Edition are aesthetically appealing and easily distinguishable because to their horseshoe/omega-symbol shape. They provide excellent visibility both when the brakes are on and when they are not. It is worth noting that more expensive trims have LED taillights that extend onto the hatch, among other features. The front, rear, and side LED turn signals are quite conspicuous, which I like. Mazda has designed them to exhibit an attractive "heartbeat" pulse effect, rather than a plain and abrupt on/off/on/off pattern. Many manufacturers have yet to adopt complete LED technology for headlights, taillights, reverse lights, and licence lights. Instead, they commonly choose for outdated halogen bulbs from the 1990s for turn signals and similar functions. Similarly, this applies to some headlights as well as brake and reverse lights. I am pleased that Mazda does not. When it comes to replacing the lighting housing unit on a new or contemporary car, be prepared to spend a significant amount of money. High-quality LED lights often have a longer lifespan than the vehicles they are installed in, with the exception of a few defective units, since it is impossible to achieve a 0% defect or issue rate.
-
Indeed, it is precisely correct. It is important to consider the cost of the alteration rather than the amount they are willing to reduce the worth of the desired automobile. It is important to consider that, after you have determined the desired price, like we did, you may negotiate for additional benefits. We purchased a three-year service plan directly from Kia, independent of any particular dealer, at a cost of £150. Additionally, we obtained three years of tyre and wheel insurance for £50, a significant reduction from the original price of £350. Given the poor condition of the local roads, I anticipate that these investments will rapidly prove to be financially beneficial.
-
I am still awaiting, however I was able to get a few photographs to provide background. I saw a considerable number of cans of penetrating oil scattered in the vicinity. To be honest, it doesn't seem as unfavourable as I had anticipated.
-
Indeed, I concur. It is reasonable to acknowledge that my previous assessment was too critical. It seems that dealing with this particular issue may be rather challenging if one lacks familiarity and has access to specialised tools or procedures.
-
It is impressive to acquire fresh knowledge on a daily basis! The min-ducters are impressive, if a little expensive at a price of 499 USD. However, as is the case with any professional endeavour, it is logical to invest in the appropriate instruments.
-
There are many corroded bolts and portions on the 2008 Mini, which was mostly used in the UK. However, my acquaintance from the UK never seemed to have any significant problems with it. He requested my presence in the garage today to inspect something. He continued to demonstrate the location where the bolts were rounded and said that he had to sever the bolts on the starting motor due to the rounded heads. The individual expressed frustration with the prolonged duration of the task and their subsequent boredom when attempting to remove components, prompting them to engage in other tasks. I recommended using WD40 as a lubricant, allowing some time for it to work, and then attempting to apply heat to the object. My proposals did not get a positive response. Perhaps the task is too burdensome for him, making it more convenient for him to seek employment elsewhere. It is possible that he may need to do work in colder regions in the future.
-
A mechanic in Spain is encountering significant difficulties with my Mini Cooper D from the UK. He has had the automobile for a duration of 11 days and just today successfully managed to lower the subframe and gearbox. He has resorted to removing the bolts in order to extract the gearbox, subframe, and other components. Two years ago, I had the front subframe replaced, as well as the tie rod ends, brake discs, callipers, suspension mounts, and boots in the UK at a small family shop. Last winter, I had the same garage do these repairs and the technician did not express any complaints. The vehicle was returned to me on the same day and was functioning flawlessly.The item has been stored inside since then, in a dry and warm environment, so it should not have seen any deterioration. Additionally, just a few months have passed since it was last used. Is removing the bolts a sound strategy? Does it seem logical? Is the request for a replacement of the clutch and dual mass flywheel? Is it necessary for me to communicate with the mechanic?
-
I am in a similar situation. I am always engaged in the process of acquiring knowledge since there is an infinite amount of information to be discovered.
-
It is surprising that you were not aware of this. It is always pleasant to discover a new advantage.
-
Which colour do you prefer: silver or gunmetal?
VibrantShin replied to VibrantShin's topic in General
Yes, I will likely sell the gunmetal ones in the future since I like the silver on silver aesthetic that reminds me of my past experiences with Porsche. The sleek aesthetic of the design is enhanced by the gunmetal colour, which complements the carbon blade seamlessly. -
Which colour do you prefer: silver or gunmetal?
VibrantShin replied to VibrantShin's topic in General
-
Recently acquired a set of silver items and replaced them. In your view, which options seem most aesthetically pleasing when paired with my silver R8?
-
Carbon fibre engine bay trim for the first generation of vehicles
VibrantShin replied to Workerat's topic in General
I was attempting to remove the rear X brace in order to paint it, and I was uncertain about how to remove the carbon trim. There are three bolts positioned above the carbon trim that secure another piece of trim. However, it seems like the bolt is just passing through. -
Did I inadvertently overlook the matter of engine oil?
VibrantShin replied to Dudeta's topic in General
It is inconsequential, with little distinction. -
Over the years, I have been using Signature Forged on a dozen vehicles. No issues were encountered. Lacking knowledge on how to upload images.
-
Can a malfunctioning alternator cause harm to a starting motor?
VibrantShin replied to SlayNeo's topic in General
If the alternator fails to sufficiently charge the battery, the starter will operate on lower amps required for rotation. Consequently, if the starter is unable to spin at a sufficient speed during the initial start-up, it can be considered a dead short. Over time, the low amps from an uncharged battery will cause damage to the armature of the starter, specifically the bushes, resulting in overheating due to insufficient rotation. Therefore, this is a circumvented method. -
Replaced the batteries for both devices and now the start/stop function is operational once more! The one issue encountered was that the breather tube for the auxiliary component is larger than the aperture in the batteries (Exide). Consequently, I resorted to shaving it down and affixing it with adhesive. However, it is plausible that its absence would have little impact in practical terms.
-
This video provides a comprehensive demonstration on how to replace the auxiliary component in any Mercedes vehicle, regardless of its location in the trunk. Straightforward
-
Interestingly, the owners manual does not provide any information on the auxiliary battery, and the WIS/ASRA from Mercedes just instructs on how to remove it without specifying data such as its ampere-hour (aH) rating or physical dimensions. Does this imply that altering it is an infrequent and unnecessary activity that does not need discussion? Peculiar. Does anybody have knowledge about this?
-
Another advantage for Tayna. I purchased a Varta battery that is identical to the one originally installed by the manufacturer, at a very competitive price. Furthermore, the battery was promptly delivered to me the following day.
-
Thank you. I have heard that there may be potential complications when removing the main battery if the auxiliary battery is faulty, however I am uncertain about the veracity of this claim. Are there any complications, other than locating a vendor, if I replace the auxiliary battery?
-
I need a battery replacement for my 2011 Class C diesel vehicle, since it has reached its ten-year lifespan, although having only accumulated 50,000 kilometres. Is the primary battery responsible for the start/stop operation, or is it the auxiliary battery located in the trunk? I inquire about this since I refrain from using the start/stop feature and batteries due to their exorbitant cost, which is twice as much. Incidentally, my start/stop feature has been non-functional for many years, which might be the reason why I never use it. Is it possible that this is not functioning properly due to the primary battery being somewhat depleted? Thank you, and I apologise if this question has already been asked and answered several times.
-
Highly probable. Artificial intelligence is becoming more advanced. Several Facebook groups have recently witnessed an influx of exceptionally attractive women sharing images of "their" luxury cars. These women then seek engagement by posing absurd questions such as "what is your preferred colour for a supercar?" Consequently, numerous men respond by posting pictures of their own vehicles, to which the women reply with compliments and inquiries about the car's model.
-
While the forum is a valuable knowledge resource, it should not be considered on par with Google or ChatGPT. View the Youtube videos made by @Radiantecon and return here if you have any particular questions. In addition, I am willing to assist you with any inquiries or issues you may have with magnetic ride shocks after you have acquired the automobile.
-
Please provide details about the specific automobile model and your budget, and we will assist you accordingly. A 2007 automatic R8 V8 with significant mileage is available for 30,000 GBP, while a 2023 R8 V10 Performance may be purchased for 160,000 GBP. These automobiles are distinct from each other.