Solar panel charger for electricity generation

Notef

Greetings, everyone. The Toyota automobile salesperson informed me that it is possible to recharge a depleted battery using a solar power panel charger connected to the car's cigarette adapter, even with the ignition off and the car locked. The car has travelled 37,000 kilometres in the year 2020. After purchasing a Solar Power Panel Charger for about £40. 

It can generate some electricity on bright days, but it produces very little power on overcast days. I saw a video on YouTube where someone conducted a month-long test, during which they only managed to charge a few ampere-hours (Ah) given the limited number of sunny days.

I highly question if the cigarette lighter connector maintains an active connection with the battery after the ignition is turned off. However, I cannot confirm this without access to a CHR vehicle for verification.

Indeed, with the Yaris Cross, the cigarette lighter connection is deactivated when the ignition is turned off. I own a solar-powered charger that utilises the OBD connector to charge the car's battery while it remains locked, although with a limited amount of juice.

I can verify that the cigarette lighter socket is deactivated when the ignition is turned off. To use the car's charger, you must establish a connection either via the OBD port or by directly connecting it to the Battery. The solar charger I own is equipped with an OBD port connection.

The Toyota model, priced at about £90, utilises the OBD socket, as previously mentioned by others. It is important to note that the accessory socket does not receive power while the vehicle is turned off.

Only a limited number of vehicles are equipped with a functional cigarette lighter socket.  I was just aware of Ford.  During a trip to India, I encountered a faulty phone battery that required frequent recharging.  I was only able to charge it once while I was in a Ford.