The E240 V6 engine starts well but experiences a sudden cessation after a duration of 15 minutes.

Grundysp

I own a Mercedes Benz E240 2.6 V6 that was left unused for a period of 18 months. After jump-starting the vehicle, it operated for a duration of 15 minutes before shutting down. Additionally, there is a delay in the car's response when I press the accelerator.
The automobile is a 2003 model with a mileage of just 67,500. However, the battery has to be changed since it is not able to hold a charge.
Dirty gasoline might also be a contributing factor.
Do you have any recommendations?

What may cause gasoline to undergo a rapid deterioration in quality? If the vehicle began operating after being stationary for a duration of 18 months, it is unlikely that the gasoline is the cause of the issue.

Is the Alternator generating an electrical charge? If functioning properly, it should provide around 14 volts or higher.
Initiating the process by bringing the automobile to a Mercedes Independent garage would be advantageous, as they possess the capability to do comprehensive diagnostic testing.

Additionally, I would recommend considering the installation of a Crank Position Sensor (CPS). I had identical difficulties with a W203 (albeit with a different engine), and the substitution of the CPS resolved the issue.

While the automobile is in operation, it displays a voltage of 14 volts. I have unplugged both batteries and placed them on a charging unit. The charging process stops when the voltage reaches 7.6 volts, indicating that the batteries are fully charged.

I need to purchase a diagnostic kit as shown on the dashboard in order to visit a shop. However, I am certain that a simple reset would likely resolve the issue. The dashboard displays a message stating "brakes faulty," despite the fact that new brakes and pads were installed at 64,000 miles, and the current mileage is just 67,500.

If the batteries are depleted, you may encounter several abnormal error messages due to the aversion of control units (also known as computers) to unstable or insufficient voltages. Avoid investing any funds into it until you resolve the battery problem, since doing so would result in futile efforts to fix other faults.