The onset of cold air flow

Mantelle

Residing in a nation characterised by frigid winters, I see that when I enter the vehicle and activate the engine with the temperature control set to Auto, the fan expels frigid air at a rapid pace. In my last vehicle, the fan begins operation only after the engine reaches its standard temperature. It induces extreme coldness and seems quite peculiar in a vehicle equipped with heated seats and steering wheel. Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue are much appreciated!

If the temperature in the automobile is set below the ambient temperature, it will produce a chilly airflow. Nevertheless, if you have it configured as mentioned before, I think it should refrain from emitting cold air until it reaches the temperature requirement of the environment. I may be mistaken. You may consider having a dealer examine it.

Thank you for your response. Indeed, I have already attempted it. As the temperature dial is increased, the fan speed also increases, resulting in the direct blowing of chilly air at you. Does the fan only activate when the heater achieves the desired temperature, or is that based on your own experience? Thank you.

It is worth noting that Mazdas have a design idiosyncrasy in which the side window defroster vents share airflow with the main vents. Therefore, in order for the HVAC system to function properly, it is necessary to close the vents during the winter. Failure to do so may result in the HVAC blowing air towards the windows instead of the intended direction.

This is only significant in frigid climates.

I have recently seen...I believe that my first perception of what I saw in my automobile may have been incorrect. Make sure to disable the "auto" function and set the thermostat to a higher temperature than the inside of your vehicle. If you would, please test it with me. It is posited that when the "auto" function is off and the aforementioned requirements are satisfied, the airflow may be impeded until a satisfactory temperature is attained. It is important to note that today has been a long day for me, since I have been working since around 0300 and I have depleted my coffee supply.

Thank you for your ongoing engagement. I have recently attempted to do just that.
Two items:

Pressing the AUTO button does not deactivate the AUTO function. This is quite peculiar. In order to deactivate the device, one must hit either the fan triggers or the vent selectors button. I am just noting this since it is peculiar that you must deactivate the AUTO function by modifying other settings.

2) Your proposal This effectively inhibits the fan from rapidly activating and ejecting frigid air towards me. However, after the heater has reached its maximum temperature, the fan remains at its minimal speed and does not regulate its own speed to warm the vehicle. To determine the readiness of the heater, you must either use the AUTO function or manually activate the fan.

This proposed solution aims to mitigate the occurrence of cold air blasts during the initial minutes of a cold morning journey. However, it necessitates a period of waiting and estimation for the heating system to reach its desired temperature, which can be reasonably anticipated to take approximately 5 minutes. Nevertheless, this solution represents a significant departure from my previous vehicle, a 2006 Volkswagen Passat, where I would consistently operate the vehicle in AUTO mode from start-up and manually adjust the desired temperature. The fan would only initiate operation once the white heater had reached the desired temperature.

One possible explanation is that the SYNC setting may be off, resulting in an excessively high or low passenger temperature. It is unlikely that these automobiles had two distinct blowers, hence necessitating the dual zone temperature control system to strive for equilibrium between the driver and passenger configurations. Applying excessive force on either side may result in the fan operating at a higher speed than desired.
The Canada handbook should be consistent across all locations, namely in the eighth and ninth examples shown in the image: http://www.mazda.ca/en/digital-owners-manual/2021/cx-30/contents/06010400.html

Include me as well! My 23 Premium Turbo also has this issue, unlike my prior vehicle, the 2016 Subaru Legacy, which was somewhat bothersome. The vehicle heats up rapidly, often within a few minutes in my experience.

Given our current focus on minor inconveniences: The adaptive cruise control setting is much slower compared to Subaru's performance in the recent decade. I attempted to modify both the ACC sensitivity and the following distance, but I am still unable to find a configuration where the car behaves appropriately when someone changes lanes in front of me. Instead of naturally decelerating and keeping up with the newcomer, it either does very little or enters panic mode and decelerates significantly more than required.

In addition to the aforementioned concerns, it is worth noting the limited capacity of the gasoline tank.

In both my prior 2020 and present 2022 Premium trim vehicles, when the Auto button is engaged, the climate control fan refrains from augmenting its velocity until the vehicle attains its designated operational temperature throughout the winter season, which spans from 0 to 32 degrees Fahrenheit. In the "auto" mode, if you manually modify the fan's speed, the "auto" sign remains illuminated. However, the fan speed is now fixed to the level you have selected, and it will remain unchanged even if you power off and restart the vehicle. In order to restore the automatic fan speed, it is necessary to activate the "auto" function while the vehicle is in operation.
I acknowledge the possibility of any inaccuracies in my statement, since I am now unable to verify the accuracy of my wife's 'Kia Sorento due to our extended absence from our residence.