Assistance required with Insignia B timing belt and water pump set.

Hypabl

Greetings, individuals. It has been a considerable duration since I last made a post on this forum.

I own a 2018 sports tourer equipped with a 2.0 diesel engine. 170 brake horsepower I am have significant difficulty in locating a timing belt and water pump kit.

The only establishment where I have received a quotation is from Vauxhall, amounting to a staggering £1260, inclusive of labour costs, even after using my service discount.

I have explored all the conventional locations.

Indeed? I would request them to verify the pricing and inquire if they will be replacing the timing chain as well. That has the potential to significantly raise the price to the level of the first quotation you received. The company promotes its services and repairs for a set fee. I just had my vehicle, a 2017 Grand Sport Elite 2.0cdti 170, serviced. The repair included replacing the timing belt, water pump, and labour, which was estimated at £499. Additionally, the 6-year service, including parts and labour, was priced at £235. All the components used were authorised by Vauxhall. The cost would have increased by around £170 by employing authentic components.

Below is a breakdown of the expenses incurred for the b20dth, except the water pump, which is not operated by the belt, and the total cost is less than £200.

For your specific model of Insignia, there are several timing kits and other related components available. This is due to the limited production of the Insignia B, which has resulted in some parts being rare. During a conversation with a technician acquaintance, I was informed that the producers of timing belt kits had recalled a significant number of them owing to a fault. The belts exhibited elongation when exposed to high temperatures, resulting in evident slippage and subsequent loss of synchronisation.

The cost for replacing the timing belt is set at £449. Additionally, they recommended replacing the drive belt after 35 units, with no extra charges for work. I cannot recall the specific term she used for the water pump, but it was priced in the hundreds.

After consulting with an independent garage, I have discovered that the water pump operates separately from the timing belt, as Drew previously said. The service has been scheduled for a total cost of £389, which includes the cost of labour.

Thank you for the guidance, gentlemen.