OmahaKnot
Members-
Posts
319 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by OmahaKnot
-
Could the AUC sensor be defective?
-
I followed your instructions and the fan began operating. I am seeing the appearance of the following error codes on my AC unit: Carly E71E, E71F, and E734. I have already replaced the temperature control panel located in the central console. I would appreciate your insights.
-
Thank you, I will inform you tomorrow.
-
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have thoroughly verified the polarities prior to hot wiring, just for that purpose. The air conditioning unit is filled with refrigerant. However, there are still a few codes remaining. If I allow the engine to reach a temperature between 105 and 112 degrees Celsius, the cooling fans do not activate. Subsequently, I pass them across a heated wire via the relay in order to lower the temperature of the engine. I will test the thermostat tomorrow morning and inform you of the results. Thank you.
-
Greetings, I own a 2007 R56 Clubman Cooper S. The issue lies in the fact that the radiator fan is not functioning. Although this difficulty has been experienced by many individuals, I kindly request that you continue reading. Installed a replacement radiator fan. The issue persists with the fan not operating at either low or high speeds. Verified the functionality of both relays and confirmed that they are in proper working condition. Nevertheless, the control circuit for both the low and high-speed fans only registers a voltage of 11.2V. The fans are powered by a main voltage of 14.6 volts. I improvised a configuration of cables to enable me to do tests on the relays. There seems to be no negative effect, since the fan turns on when I connect a hot wire to the negative terminal of the battery. When I start the automobile from a chilly state and activate the air conditioning, the low-speed fan fails to engage. In addition, I have inspected all the fuses and confirmed that they are functioning properly. I removed the fuse/relay chamber located in the engine bay. I thoroughly inspected and cleaned it, but I could not identify any flaws or issues. Eliminated the obstructed ECU and thoroughly cleansed it using electrical cleaner. There is no progress or activity. I own two R53's and have successfully reconstructed both, indicating my proficiency in automotive mechanics. I am open to any recommendations.
-
I did not get the previous badge that was removed for stone chip repairs at the bodyshop, and I am uncertain about its condition prior to the repairs. The emblem is an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) part and its intended placement on the vehicle is visible. However, there seems to be a significant gap underneath the two holes on the car's body, which raises concerns about the lack of support for the lower portion of the badge.
-
I have affixed it and it seemed to engage, but with a little amount of looseness. Perhaps this is within the expected range of normalcy?
-
Indeed, pegs do vary in size.
-
Thank you, I will attempt to use them.
-
The item fits, however it seems to be loosely secured, as it rattles when pressure is applied to the bottom half.
-
The model of the car is SL400 from the year 2015. I am in the process of repairing the front emblem, but, I have seen the absence of the plastic "plugs" in the holes on my vehicle. I attempted to attach it using double sided adhesive, but, it is unstable due to the absence of support on the lower portion (as seen in the picture, resembling a smiling face). Could you provide guidance on the specific locations where I may get these items and the precise terminology used to refer to them? Greetings Alternate model displaying plastic "plugs" inside the apertures:
-
Replacing those pollen/cabin filters may be somewhat inconvenient. I am now facing the challenge of having to replace my car's footwell, which is causing me much distress since it requires a significant amount of time and effort.
-
I had a Porsche insurance coverage that was based on mileage, and I stored my vehicles there.However, they are withdrawing from Pennsylvania.
-
There is a significant contrast between night and day when it comes to cars, in my opinion. As others have said, it really enhances the appearance of the engine compartment when lifting the back deck. Enhances with a remarkable and impressive element. I agree with R8 Stuff's statement that finding a "high-quality, pristine, and intact collection" for less than 3K is quite difficult. Wishing you success in your pursuit. Another query to pose is: what is the expense of partly or fully refinishing a subpar set?
-
The limited availability of R8 cars in the US, with just 29 units for sale nationwide, contributes to their rarity. Additionally, many R8 owners choose to preserve their vehicles by storing them in garages and only taking them out for occasional drives, such as attending cars and coffee events. That does not imply that once they exceed 75,000, they suddenly and inexplicably disintegrate. The primary factor that negatively affects the lifespan of these motors is the absence of regular use and adherence to adequate maintenance practices. There are several RS4's with mileage above 200,000. The majority of the objects you have mentioned are visual stimuli. If the motor mounts are in excellent condition, it may not be necessary to replace them.
-
Images of the LT? Adore adore automobile. OP - I fortuitously became acquainted with Autrella a few weeks subsequent to the failure of my Mclaren engine heads, which incurred a total cost of around $27,000 for repairs, in addition to an additional $1,500 for turbo repair. Their 4-year warranty would have cost around $9,000. After consulting with my team at Autrella, I was informed that, if I had possessed my warranty, all aspects of the vehicle, save for the spark plugs, would have been fully covered. In my view, it is the primary justification for obtaining a warranty.
-
I agree that, in the case of 90% of owners, the V10 is the best option. However, from my perspective, I strongly believe that it is the correct engine. My partner insists that smaller is preferable, however she is rather evasive while expressing this opinion.
-
I am aware that this issue generates a significant amount of debate, with the V10 engine typically having a larger number of followers. However, I do not disregard the engine's many better qualities. If velocity is your preference, then undoubtedly the v10 is swifter. If your preference is based on perceived coolness, the V10 also emerges as the winner. However, I am not very concerned with speed, and I have long since stopped worrying about people' opinions of me. Alternatively, I would assert that the velocity of the V8 engine is more than sufficient. These are the primary reasons why I strongly feel it is the superior engine. I am a dedicated and consistent user of this vehicle on a daily basis. I have spent around 15 out of the last 35 hours of my life inside a vehicle. The journey consisted of around 10 hours of travel on the interstate, 2 hours of commuting on back roads, and 3 hours of enjoyable driving in the countryside of Kentucky. In my opinion, the V8 engine is more suitable for the highway. The engine noise is quite subdued, which is just what I want over a span of 10 hours. During the 10-hour highway journey, I dedicated around 8 hours to making phone conversations. I just began using earphones for this purpose, and I must say that the call quality is exceptional. It is worth noting that the level of noise within the cabin has a significant impact on the clarity of these calls. The gear transitions are seamless and the overall comfort level is satisfactory. Undoubtedly, it has a great amount of power. Additionally, the two-lane commute offers increased comfort. Furthermore, it is also superior for engaging in spirited driving. I was unable to fully exploit the car's maximum performance capabilities when navigating around bends. However, when I saw a long, straight road, I may have reached speeds of 120 mph a few times, which was preferable than attempting to reach 140 mph or whatever the V10 engine might have achieved on that particular stretch. The pleasure lies in fully depressing the accelerator and experiencing the exhilarating sound of the engine. I like reaching a lower maximum speed. I, too, have a preference for the resonant sound produced by a V8 engine, while I acknowledge that my preference is entirely based on personal opinion. Occasionally, I aspire to own the V10 due to its larger size, as I yearn for a significant element in my life. However, this need, particularly in relation to cars, is mostly driven by ego and lacks practicality, making it temporary in nature. I am uncertain about the relative cost of the v8 engine, and this factor holds significant importance for me. I am uncertain if the costs of v10 insurance, repairs and maintenance, gas mileage, and depreciation are more or lower. However, I believe that these variables are far more important than the difference in purchasing price. The v10 may provide superior long-term value for a high mileage everyday driver. I need the creation of a spreadsheet in order to provide a response, but I am now lacking the necessary time to do so. I am interested in hearing people's opinions on the matter. In any case, what I am attempting to convey is that all proprietors of the yoy v10 are foolish individuals, but the v8 is intended for admirable individuals.
-
Greetings I am experiencing the same problem with my GLA. Does anybody know whether replacing the flap motor would resolve the issue, or if I need get the whole exhaust back part with the motor? Additionally, could you provide the order details and item numbers for the back section pipe and flap motor?
-
I have a 2013 F11 MSport Auto and after researching, it seems that my vehicle was not impacted. However, I got a letter and have made a booking. September is the earliest available date owing to several recalls
-
I will also send them a message. Thank you. Worth trying!
-
I will inquire with them. Thank you,AmericaMonster . I have reached out to many businesses, but all have declined to rechrome the plastic components.
-
Today, I visited MB to purchase A2118800683, a Pre-Facelift W211 Grill for Distronic. It was informed that the product has been assigned code 48 or 49, indicating that Mercedes-Benz has discontinued its production and will not be making it again, even if it is back-ordered. The paint on my present grill is deteriorating around the edges. I saw two items on eBay, one with peeling and the other for over £300 in used condition. Does anybody know a method to completely remove the chrome finish in order to maybe wrap it with chrome or paint? Thank you