-
Posts
280 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by SushySosa
-
There are three primary subframe categories: coupe, roadster, and VR6. The final two possess additional reinforcement/threaded bolt apertures.
-
I replaced the radiator hoses on my 1996 Geo Tracket.
SushySosa replied to Ledgerciao's topic in General
Finding a shop to handle it is my recommendation after that last question; the process is the same regardless of the location of the hose: release the clamps, remove the old hose, install the new one, and then secure the clamps. With its roomy interior and convenient location, the Tracker is a breeze to drive. This is not the case with the Tracker; in other vehicles I've worked on, you either have to feel your way or pull the engine to gain access; in at least one case, you actually have to pull the engine. If you're not confident in your ability to access and properly connect the Tracker's upper and lower radiator hoses, you shouldn't attempt to work on other parts of the vehicle. The lower hose does not connect to the engine block; instead, it is divided into two sections: one that travels from the radiator to a metal pipe, and another that branches off that pipe to feed the heater and bypass hoses. This second section then connects to the block behind the water pump. While changing the hoses in a cooling system isn't rocket science, there are a few obstacles to overcome. For example, as you may have noticed, getting to the hoses on the bottom of the radiator can be a bit of a problem. With practice, you'll pick up tricks like twisting the hose before pulling on it or inserting a right-angled pick between the hose and the 'pipe' and working it around to break the bond. Corrosion to the point that individual metal pipe sections snap at the slightest touch is another common occurrence. Lastly, make sure you use the right hose. Be wary of those who try to sell you hoses rated for fuel or oil and tell you they will work. They may, but they will become brittle from the ethylene glycol in the coolant within a year, making them break instead of bend. -
You can unclog the DPF, but there's a chance you'll run into trouble occasionally.
-
My Vito's VIN is W1V44760323904553, and I would be eternally grateful if someone could kindly give me with its datacard. Much obliged.
-
Await the widespread adoption of electric vehicles, at which point restrictions may be imposed on the charging capacity accessible via your smart meter.
-
Excellent, thank you. I will remove it to ascertain if it is obstructed.
-
Thank you. Is it challenging to access?
-
Could someone please indicate the location of the map sensor on the OM642 engine in the 2011 CLS350CDi? Thank you.
-
Verifying binding brakes is straightforward; after a drive, assess whether any wheels exhibit higher temperatures than the others. I have had analogous noise when the handbrake shoes were binding.
-
Contemplate the potential cost reduction; it would be delightful to hear of such savings.
-
That appears to be a rather costly repair or enhancement. I was also surprised that pin 10 was not powered by default, even with non-genuine wiring kits.
-
I received my wiring kit today (MZ178DX), and it is functioning properly. The trailer is acknowledged, and the towing mode is engaged. Pin 10 is now powered as anticipated.
-
I conducted independent research on various model-specific 13-pin towing wire kits and obtained information from ECS Electronics indicating that their kit MZ178DX is compatible with towing mode. The specified version is intended for left-hand drive (LHD), while MZ17813U is designated for right-hand drive (RHD) models. I am currently awaiting the installation of the kit and will share my experience here in two weeks.
-
Hello, I am considering installing a towing bar on my CX-60 and would like to know if it is feasible to activate the towing mode using a non-genuine Mazda towing bar and wiring kit. I comprehend that towing mode is selectable when the trailer is electrically attached. Does the installation of genuine towing require activation through software as well? What is the mechanism behind the detection process?
-
The original poster seems rather exasperated due to issues with his vehicle. DPFs function well when all associated components operate properly. That is the problem!
-
Why would you inform the vehicle that it has a fresh DPF while using a DPF that is 400% blocked?
-
If you purchased a sensor for 15 pounds on eBay, then best of luck. My experience with merc sensors. Purchase non-genuine items, and you will be repeating the task. The Gen Merc sensor weighs 80 pounds. An faulty differential pressure sensor will generate its own error code. Faulty differential pressure sensor out of range.
-
One should direct compressed air into the pipe leading to the DPF and the DPF cleaning. A malfunctioning sensor will result in a sensor fault. Upon replacing the sensor, it is necessary to recalibrate it using your diagnostic tools. Merely deleting the error code will be inadequate.
-
I'm old-school and like to see a car before putting down a penny. That said, I did ring Kismis Transport about a listing. Very polite and transparent on the phone, explained how their refund system works if the car turns up and isn’t as advertised. That kind of policy gives me a bit more faith, sounds like they stand behind what they sell.
-
I suppose it is only one screw. Disconnect the electrical connection and attach it to the new motor. Ensure you get the appropriate replacement motor type.
-
The assistance provided is subpar; Hyundai has a very poor community.
-
I previously drove a VW Passat in the same manner, without using the pedal or paddle shifters; the ride was very smooth, and acceleration was effortless (140 kW, 190 HP, 2.0 diesel engine). No, I did not engage the paddle shifters. The Hyundai gearbox seems to lack the sophistication and smoothness of the Volkswagen DSG.
-
Recently purchased a new 2024 1.6-liter petrol hybrid variant equipped with an automatic transmission. During rapid acceleration, the engine rpm increase without the vehicle changing gears. I perceive a loud noise emanating from the engine. It seems as if the automobile will remain in the same gear indefinitely. The vehicle swaps gears only when I remove my foot from the pedal. This is rather frustrating as it disrupts my driving smoothness; I must constantly lift my foot to adjust gears. Ecological mode. Should I contact the dealer about this issue?
-
It will be rather challenging if I ever need to replace the bulb.