Why am I unable to locate an insurance provider willing to provide coverage for my daughter to operate my BMW?

Shiyardit

I am encountering difficulties in adding my 23-year-old daughter to my insurance policy or obtaining separate insurance coverage for her as a new driver of my automobile. Although I will continue to be the primary driver, insurers have informed me that they are reluctant to provide insurance coverage for the BMW vehicle. The make and model of my automobile is a 2010 BMW 320i. Do you have any suggestions or thoughts?

I am uncertain whether this is still a current practice, but I was informed by an insurance provider in the past that they do not provide insurance coverage for new drivers who own rear-wheel drive (RWD) vehicles. Instead, they require these drivers to have a certain number of years of driving experience.

Even if you were to find a provider that would provide insurance coverage, the expenses would be exorbitant. (I recommend trying Adrian Flux)

Purchasing a pre-owned vehicle that has a valid MOT for a year and opting for third-party insurance coverage may potentially result in lower costs.

As previously mentioned, the automobile is a rear-wheel drive (RWD) vehicle, which is often not included in the curriculum for beginner drivers and those who are new to driving.

My spouse has a dislike for rear-wheel drive (RWD) and the 'sports suspension settings' of the BMW, hence we go for inexpensive hatchback cars for her, now a Kia Rio (please refrain from mocking!). She has a strong affection for it. Admittedly, it is excellent - a small but valuable object with ample capacity. It proves to be more practical than my 320cd coupe, especially when the seats are folded. However, its primary purpose is solely for my partner's daily commute and shopping, with the occasional monthly trip from Doncaster to Nottingham. For all other purposes, including my own commute, we rely on the BMW (along with a trailer!).

I am curious whether they would be more accommodating if it were an X-drive model.

Insurers evidently lack confidence in the ESP/VSA system, which is designed to act and avert catastrophes, despite its fallibility.

I have included my son as a driver on my BMW automobiles for a considerable amount of time, and I continue to do so. Typically, I have to pay an additional £150-£200 each year for this privilege. I included him as a driver when he obtained his driver's licence 13 years ago, and he has been listed on several BMW models such as the e46 330d, e90 330d, e92 335d, 640d, and f31 330d x drive. However, he is not listed as a driver on my M4.

My son had a BMW 730LD insured on his own coverage when he was 18 years old. The whole cost amounted to around £1200 when insured with Admiral. Undeniably, that occurred 18 months ago, hence it is possible that circumstances have since altered. However, DL will not include him in my 535d.

Consider experimenting with Marmalade as a potential solution. Additional plans are offered to enable young or new drivers to get their own insurance coverage in order to operate a family member's vehicle. The Polo car belonging to my daughter is registered in my name, and I insure it for both myself and my wife at a cost of around £200. My daughter has a Marmalade policy that provides insurance coverage for her to drive "my" vehicle, at an annual cost of around £700. Any assertions she may make will be in opposition to her policies, not mine. Additionally, she accumulates her own no claims. She is now 18 years old and successfully completed her exam around 6 weeks ago. We considered adding her as an authorised driver, but the insurance company demanded an extra £1600.

Significant factors depend on whether the insurance company perceives you as engaging in fronting, when you falsely claim to be the primary driver while she really is. My 19-year-old nephew has successfully obtained insurance for a rear-wheel drive MX-5 with Admiral without any difficulties.