Yet another E46 has become inoperable... Unless someone is interested in purchasing it for £500.

CrawlerTagz

I am selling my E46.

Requires replacement of three tyres, clutch, dual mass flywheel (DMF), and there seems to be an issue with the back axle, perhaps indicating a damaged sub-frame. A few weeks ago, we had to transport our vehicle and camping trailer back home using a trailer. However, during the journey on the A1m, the automobile began to experience bouncing when driving in the centre lane. As soon as our speed fell below around 50 miles per hour, we were pulled over by the authorities. After stopping, I decided to off the highway and contacted the roadside assistance service Green Flag/Mayday.

I am aware that the clutch has been experiencing a rough and jerky sensation, but the violent jolts and vibrations when the dual-mass flywheel disengaged were quite unpleasant. Additionally, the vehicle exhibited erratic movements, including bouncing, jumping, and swerving across at least two, if not all three, lanes.

I purchased an inexpensive Mondeo with the intention of using it for a year until my retirement. Currently, I only work part-time. However, I have experienced three episodes of illness this year, which have prevented me from being physically fit enough to repair the car myself. Additionally, the local garage, although highly skilled, is too costly and not financially viable for the car. Therefore, I have decided to sell it.

I am uncertain about purchasing another BMW. Instead, I want to go back to Land / Range Rover next year. Therefore, I bid farewell to my BMW, since it has been an enjoyable experience.

If anybody is interested in purchasing it, I have arranged for a wrecker to pick it up on Friday. However, you will need to inspect it in Doncaster before this next Friday. I will be occupied with work on Friday morning, and the individuals responsible for transporting the vehicle will arrive between 12-1 to collect it.The price is £500. Currently, the vehicle is declared off the road and does not have valid tax. However, it operates smoothly and reliably. The driver's seat bolster is torn. The vehicle does not have an EGR system. It has recently had an oil and filter change, and comes with a spare fuel filter and original chrome grill parts.

Additionally, I neglected to mention that the driver's door has undergone a replacement of the window actuator. Although it functions well, the window does not descend enough when the door is opened, and I am uncertain about the appropriate method of adjustment. The vehicle is equipped with a 'M' steering wheel and has Bluetooth connectivity that functions for media purposes. I have never attempted it via the telephone... Indeed, I will retain further information.

However, it is common to see that these types of automobiles are mostly sent to Europe for the purpose of obtaining spare parts.

I really dislike the sale of secondhand components in Europe due to their exorbitant prices.

Typically, I purchase items from the UK since, even after factoring in taxes, it is still more cost-effective.

If I were not approaching the age of 65, with ailments such as a fractured spine and no knee ligaments, and if I had a suitable space to store and repair it, I would retain the automobile and restore it appropriately. However, at present, the car can only be kept outside on grass, which is detrimental to any vehicle.

Given my age, I no longer have the desire to engage in the physically demanding task of bench pressing a gear box under a vehicle. However, if I had a four post lift, I would not hesitate to use it. Unfortunately, I do not have such a luxury. Best of luck with your Mondeo and in your search for a desirable Land Rover.