The vehicle is a hybrid that runs on a combination of petrol and electric power, with a capacity of 330e.

MaxiBroadway

My wife is interested in exchanging her 67 plate 320d M Sport diesel car. I have found a 330e Petrol/electric car available nearby, which is priced quite competitively. It is a 72 plate model. She believes that the speed would be excessive for her, even if the engine has a capacity of 2 litres.

What is your expert view on the 300e? Given the availability of free charging at her workplace, it seems to be an obvious choice in terms of efficiency. Additionally, if she drives with a gentle acceleration, there should be no concerns about the additional power.

Does anybody know whether the insurance premiums for these hybrid vehicles are high?

I own a 530e and it has enough power, however it is not obligatory to use it. Utilise the 6p kw/h tariff during nighttime hours for a very cost-effective approach. Having access to complimentary charging facilities at work would significantly reduce the cost of operating a vehicle.

The insurance estimates for my current vehicle were comparable to those for my previous 2.0 litre automobile. Following the use of a diesel engine, the absence of noise and the general improvement in quality will be quite evident.

In my own opinion, I would strongly advise maintaining a significant distance. There have been several individuals on this platform who have had troubles with the 330e model. For instance, my boss's wife has one, and owing to recurring electrical problems, the vehicle has spent more time at the BMW service centre than being driven. An individual on this platform conducted a practical analysis and discovered that the disparity in economic performance between a petrol vehicle and its alternative is negligible, with the petrol variant being marginally superior.

If the automobile is operated within its electric vehicle (EV) range of around 20 miles (round trip), the driver may charge it for free at work and for a cost of 6p per kilowatt-hour (kWh) at home.

A few years ago, I had a Volkswagen plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) which I seldom fueled up on most weeks. Instead, I would charge it overnight at a cost of just 30 pence each day.

A vehicle with a 1972 registration plate should still have a portion of the original manufacturer's warranty remaining, and it is likely that BMW will provide extended warranty options.

My BMW 530e, equipped with the same powertrain as the BMW 330e, has not had any electrical or other problems so far, even after covering a distance of 40,000 miles.

The average fuel efficiency is 48 miles per gallon, taking into account a combination of both short and long excursions. By charging the vehicle at night and using electric power for short trips, the fuel efficiency reaches over 120 miles per gallon, considering the cost of energy. During long drives, it is advisable to let the car's hybrid system make the decisions and drive in a regular manner.

The boot size is quite small, but still enough on the 530e and I would expect it to be the same on the 330 as well.

The vehicle offers efficient diesel fuel consumption without the noise associated with clogged diesel particulate filters (DPF) and forced regeneration processes.

I am now using a 330e F30 vehicle. I also get free charging at my workplace. I encounter a few problems, but they are within the expected range for a typical automobile that has been used and aged. The 2.0-liter engine exhibits rapid acceleration and has enough torque while operating in petrol mode. Therefore, you have obtained the optimal combination of both aspects. Initially, I didn't pay much attention to the electric aspect of the automobile. I do not pay any taxes, and the cost of insurance was affordable at that particular moment, so I would take it into consideration.