Update on the Premium Plus CX-90 Inline 6 with 10,000 km

TigerDrummer

The Premium Plus CX-90 Inline 6 was purchased in August 2023, which was 10 months ago. The oil was replaced at 8,000 miles, the chassis was lubricated to address squeaks, and all software/firmware updates and recalls were completed. I mostly refuel her with standard petrol. Driving was mostly trouble-free, with the exception of the following irritations:

1. The temperature gauge is very imprecise and deviates by 5 to 10 degrees, till you drive for thirty minutes, at which point the temperature gauge seems to stabilise and provide more accurate readings.
2. The phone charger fails to charge my iPhone 12. The light remains green instead of changing to orange as expected, even indicating charging on the CarPlay screen. My iPhone's battery level remains same at 60% even after driving for 2 hours.
3. The most frightening irregularity is the cruise radar. I have experienced this on at least two occasions. I programmed the cruise control to maintain a speed of 70 miles per hour. However, when I encountered a bend on the motorway and an eighteen-wheeler was present in the opposite lane, my CX-90 abruptly applied the brakes and decelerated to 50 miles per hour, which greatly surprised and startled me. The radar seems to be susceptible to deception from tall cab vehicles, causing it to respond as if the CX-90 is about to collide with the truck from behind. Currently, I will refrain from using cruise control until I am able to take the vehicle for another inspection.

Are you all encountering similar circumstances? Thank you.

Was the 18-wheeler travelling at a speed of 50 mph, as I anticipated? It may have seemed that the vehicle was obstructing your path, even if it was not really doing so.

The cruise control system likely uses a fusion of radar and camera signals. The radar is unable to detect lane markers, although the camera has the potential to do so. However, in some occasions, lane markers could exhibit signs of fading. An automated system may not easily detect the presence of a semi-truck in your route.

Please consider my answer with scepticism, since I lack any knowledge of the underlying workings of Mazda's adaptive cruise control system and have only made conjectures.

The Mazda User's handbook contains detailed information on the driving assistance systems, including any accompanying terms and conditions.

I discovered that the cruise control radar has the potential to incorrectly detect an empty flatbed truck or a motorbike.

Although it has not occurred to me so far, I must be prepared to assume control in the event that day were to arise.

Turbo S with 14,400 kilometres. I have not encountered your third point. Neither did the majority of recent recalls. Have you really undergone the most recent upgrades? Are you referring to SSPD6 specifically?

I was unaware of the existence of an official recall. I fail to get the rationale behind their decision to just issue a recall for the PHEV, considering that I have encountered the same problem with vehicles equipped with inline six engines as well. Furthermore, this issue may also occur while driving at high speeds if the necessary repair has not been performed.

Below is the video link that Etex sent in his thread:

Mazda has released a solution to address the problem with the radar cruise control. Please contact your dealer for more information. A solution was implemented on my behalf, resulting in my subsequent well-being. Additionally, there are postings available on this website. Please do a search for "radar cruise control" to get information on the repair for that issue.

Below is the precise Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for the Radar Cruise Control:

Update: Emergency Lane Keeping and Smart Brake Support. MDARS TSB NUMBER: 15-001/24 Date: January 30, 2024 Until November 25, 2023.
Remarks: Revised from the previous Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 15-002/23 dated October 9, 2023.

At speeds of 37 mph (60 km/h) or above, the steering support provided by the Emergency Lane Keeping feature may be more powerful than anticipated.
    The Smart Brake Support system may activate unexpectedly while reverse parking in some circumstances, particularly when the car is moving at speeds between 1.2 mph (2 km/h) and 9.3 mph (15 km/h) on level ground, and other vehicles or obstacles are present in the parking area.
    When the MRCC is active while travelling on a curving route, it may mistakenly perceive a car in the right or left lane as being in front and abruptly decrease the speed of the vehicle.

The solution included recalibrating and modifying the control software of the Vehicle Control Module (VCM).
Filename of the ECU specification model (previous version) New File Name
The VCM of the CX-90 (KK) model is identified by the codes KMV6-66S01-D and KMV6-66S01-E.

Inform the service staff at your dealership with this information to ensure that they are aware of your knowledge of a solution. This will assist you in circumventing the well-known phrase "cannot reproduce."

Additionally, there is a comprehensive TSB thread dedicated to addressing various diseases. Simply do a search to locate it.

Regarding the charger, wireless chargers, regardless of brand, are well known for their lack of power. These devices are designed just to prevent the phone from losing power, but they do not have the capability to recharge it.