Japanese imported Mercedes-Benz W222

Accomis

Greetings everyone, I am new to this platform, so please pardon me if this message is not formatted properly or placed in the appropriate location.

I own a 2019 W222 S450 vehicle that I brought into the country from Japan. I have a strong affinity for the automobile due to its low mileage and excellent maintenance. I acquired it at a really favourable cost, making it an obvious choice for me. I have seen many observations that need advice in resolving these matters. Here is a summary of the issues:

1. The speedometer offers the ability to switch the units from kilometres per hour (KMPH) to miles per hour (MPH), however this only results in the speed being shown in MPH in a little font at the bottom of the display. All components of the speedometer, including the needle, digital speed display, mileage, range, trip, and fuel efficiency, are still measured in kilometres per hour (KMPH). How can I convert the full speedometer to display measurements in miles per hour (MPH)?

2. The vehicle is equipped with cameras for traffic sign recognition, but because the maps data is not available, I believe it is unable to read local traffic signs here in the UK. Will MB consider providing entertainment services if I pay for the installation, or is there a professional available to install UK maps with TSR data?

3. The Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) were initially off by default (since Japanese people are not very fond of DRLs). However, when I activated them, they operated in the same manner as the car's sidelights. The rear lights remain constantly illuminated, while the front side lights, consisting of three strip lights in the updated S Class model, emit a dim glow. This is consistent with the behaviour of the lights when the side lights or parking lights are activated. The brightness of the DRLs in the S Class I saw is much lower compared to other S Class vehicles I have seen on the road. What actions can I do to enhance the brightness, or is it necessary to ensure accurate programming?

Your automobile is impressive. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide answers to your inquiries. However, I would like the opportunity to see some photographs of your vehicle. Greetings

I can only address issues related to the re-localization of privately imported automobiles that were originally constructed and configured for the North American market, where there are differences in speedometers, daytime running lights (DRLs), rear turn signal colours, navigation systems, and other features compared to Europe.

Manufacturers often aim to reduce the amount of hardware variations wherever feasible and instead depend on configuration choices that are concealed inside the software. The Xentry diagnostic system conceals these parameters from regular usage. Access to these parameters is contingent upon Mercedes' benevolence. To access them, one must input menu item passwords and possess precise knowledge of the specific bits and/or bytes that need to be modified inside the firmware registers.

An issue that may cause discomfort is the potential for unintentional overwriting of modifications made during a firmware update. According to the most recent information I have, the Xentry system establishes a connection with MB and thereafter prompts the user to provide their account credentials in order to access the maintenance menus. Upon connection to the automobile, it does a check for firmware revisions and any upgrades.

My recommendation: Reach out to an authorised dealer/workshop and politely inquire if they can provide any help. I cannot definitively ascertain if it is feasible to recode your vehicle.

After doing extensive investigation, I have found that your response essentially encapsulates the conclusion of my research each time. I see that this expedition will not be a straightforward endeavour. I have spoken with MB, who have expressed their willingness to install the maps specifically for the United Kingdom. However, they have made it clear that they are not prepared to provide any other services beyond that. I have conversed with an individual who has the ability to remotely programme the automobile. However, they are demanding a fee of about £1k, which I seem to be an exorbitant amount for a mere coding task. Nevertheless, I suppose it may serve as a preliminary option.

In which district of London are you located? I am inquiring whether anybody can recommend a reliable independent technician that is very knowledgeable in STAR, Xentry, and other related systems. Dear Richard, Do you have any opinions or ideas once we are aware of the specific region or location?

Comandonline.co.uk deserves praise for their expertise in MB ICE (Mercedes-Benz In-Car Entertainment) and their convenient location at J3 M3 in Lightwater, Surrey. Their physical store, Unique Car Sounds, is only a few miles away. In fact, their knowledge surpasses that of most, if not all, MB major dealers. Alfie and Richard

What is the estimated time commitment for "a bit of coding"?

Individuals capable of doing this task will have made substantial investments in costly equipment and developed extensive knowledge and skill, which contributes to the overall expense.

I wholeheartedly agree with every point you made. Apologies for the unintended aggression in my response. It sprang from my unfavourable experience of interacting with this individual, as they had a dismissive attitude.

As long as someone takes me seriously, I am eager to investigate the many possibilities that coding may uncover for my automobile. I would be willing to invest additional money in this endeavour. However, the individual in question did not seem to be really concerned, which was disappointing. I think they are also located overseas, but, I prefer to have a local individual work on the automobile.