Electrical malfunction in A7 2020

Bleakerje

Approximately four months ago, I made a purchase of a 2020 A7 with 27,000 miles on it. The vehicle's maintenance record indicated that it was in good condition. However, I encountered an electrical malfunction while driving back from work. Initially, a yellow alert appeared, followed by a red alert indicating safety concerns and advising me to stop the car. Unfortunately, the car completely lost power and became inoperable. I typically drive only 15 miles per day. After conducting some research, I suspect that the issue may be related to either the alternator or the 48-volt hybrid battery. I had the car towed to a nearby Audi service centre, but it has been a week and they have not taken any action. Despite my repeated calls, they have not even performed a diagnostic to identify the exact problem. I am wondering what steps I can take to escalate the situation or communicate my concerns to Audi of America (AOA).
It is expected that the guarantee covers the repair of all these problems. Please provide guidance. Thank you.

Determine the identity of the service manager and engage in direct communication with him. Request that he provide you with a contact number for a representative at Audi Regional, in order to lodge a complaint over this matter.
On a previous occasion, I had a same issue with an Acura vehicle. The next day, I retrieved my automobile in a repaired state.

Merely a recommendation.

I had a strong belief that the issue would be addressed because the vehicle has accumulated 27,000 miles. However, the main concern I am now facing is that the car has been at the Audi dealership for 8 days without any progress. They have not even conducted a diagnostic to identify the fault we have identified.

I reported a problem with my vehicle, known as AOA, and it was escalated. The dealer has now performed a diagnostic test on the car and has ordered the necessary components. Once the parts are ready, they will proceed with the repairs and notify me. In the meanwhile, they have provided me a loaner car. Thank you.

After ordering the necessary components, it took a total of two weeks to receive and install them in my vehicle. The parts that were replaced include the generator control module, as well as the 12v and 48v batteries. The car has been thoroughly inspected and is now ready for use.

Does this provide a long-term solution? Alternatively, is it really a short-term solution that will last for around 20,000 miles until the belt starting generator has to be changed once again.

The problem has been acknowledged by Audi, and they have extended the warranty on your car to a period of 7 years from the year of purchase. Therefore, you still have an additional 4 years of warranty coverage remaining.

Based on my research, it seems that any repair made to the hybrid components is really a temporary solution. Defective components are being replaced with more defective components, albeit fresh ones that have not yet malfunctioned.

Regrettably, it is the modus operandi of Audi. Audi engineers seem to be relying excessively on guesswork.