Living with an E Class Convertible - What is the experience like?

Darthilli

I am examining them (from 2010 forward) and contemplating if they will be suitable for my needs. As much as I enjoy the CLK (which only tragically appear obsolete and the later fuel versions smacked with the absurd high tax of close about £700 per year). I have typically had a CLK convertible every year since the introduction of the 209 model. However, I sold my most recent one last summer because I received a lucrative offer for it. In addition, we owned several SLK's, but they are not suitable for our needs since we will be bringing our dog along. The SLK's lack sufficient room, save for the floor, and our dog enjoys sticking his head out of the window.

There is much uncertainty on which options may not be suitable for the future convertible, considering that it would likely only be driven for a few kilometers every year. Additionally, it seems that the majority of the petrol engines are equipped with four cylinders. Are these engines reliable and prone to timing chain problems? Are the subframes of this year Mercedes likewise prone to rust? Is the electrical system functioning properly?

I purchased a Mercedes E350 Bluetec Cabriolet from Mercland a few months ago after my CLS55 was completely destroyed. I really like it. The V6 engine exhibits seamless performance and enough torque, allowing for impressive acceleration. I conducted a test on an E220 vehicle, and the results were really unsatisfactory. Underpowered and lacking in torque, the four-cylinder engine is unrefined and lacks power.
Winter driving with the convertible top down is enjoyable thanks to the Airscarf, Aircap, and heated seats. Experience driving one and assess your preference.

Maintaining the cleanliness of the hood might become a laborious task if the automobile is not stored in a garage. The primary reason I exchanged a convertible for the SLK is because my current vehicle is parked on the driveway. In winter, the fabric's weave becomes a breeding ground for green mould, which builds rapidly. During spring, the task of cleaning bird droppings becomes quite challenging, particularly on bright, sunny days. In regards to the airscarf, I consider it to be completely futile while wearing a coat with a rather high collar, as one cannot see its advantages. However, the heated seats provide a pleasant and comforting experience.

In late August, I acquired a 2010 E250 CDI as a replacement for my Mini cabriolet. I had to alleviate that itch, as the saying goes. I do not travel long distances often, although I sometimes make excursions to Heathrow for business purposes, during which the vehicle is used. Considering this, my spouse suggested that I should get a gasoline-powered vehicle. He specifically designed it to not have a little 4-cylinder engine, so we actively searched for a V6 instead. After inspecting other options, we found that the most promising one was located two hours away. However, upon closer examination, it turned out to be a significant letdown, leaving us frustrated with the dealer who was responsible for the sale. Following a few weeks, we conducted a reassessment and discovered a vehicle with just one previous owner and a full service history (FSH). I really enjoyed it, and despite its age, the automobile was in excellent shape. It was likely a straightforward transaction since I couldn't contain my smile and became little overwhelmed in the moment. Regarding the automobile itself. We own two canines, with one of them being in the puppy stage. During the Christmas holiday, we visited my sister's house and brought along the puppy. I recently lowered the roof and had the cage moved onto a blanket. The fit was satisfactory and the journey proceeded well. As he becomes older, I am uncertain if the Labrador and Cocker Spaniel would be let on such chairs without a cover for protection, unless there was an emergency. Fortunately, we own an additional vehicle that is more suited for accommodating dogs. Our westie just passed away, however I believe you would be unaffected as there is no emotional attachment or impact on your daily routine. The automobile has both sporty and economical qualities. I have seen just two problems, one of which is connected to age and the other is a case of "cleared code not returned". The DPF has functioned well and the automobile has fully met my expectations. The appearance is aesthetically pleasing, with a smooth and pleasant texture, providing a high level of comfort. If there is one aspect that I am not enthusiastic about, it is the hood tray feature located in the trunk. At the moment when you anticipate my pressing the button, the hyphen indicates that I should do the task involving the tray.

I upgraded from a CLK 280 Petrol to an E 400 Petrol, both convertible models. The E 400 surpasses the CLK in every aspect, offering more power, improved fuel efficiency, and a much more current design. The only potential drawback is that the CLK provided exceptional comfort on the road.

My sister has a beautiful diesel convertible. This vehicle has a low mileage, a fantastic maintenance record, and is in outstanding condition.
The item will be available for purchase later this year.

I appreciate your responses.

There seems to be a scarcity of gasoline-powered vehicles, but there is an abundance of diesel-powered vehicles available. Preferably, it would be more advantageous to use a gasoline-powered vehicle for covering the distance. However, I am certain that I will be able to accumulate mileage on this particular automobile instead of one of the other options. It seems that a significant number of the vehicles I have conducted MOT checks on have received warnings for brake piping. Costly repair? In addition, there have been complaints of other types of electrical issues.

I am really like of the concept of having the GAP (?) positioned at the top of the front screen. Additionally, I must also consider the issue of wind buffeting. Is it necessary to install an extra wind deflector, considering the significant impact it had on my last CLK? Or is the original equipment manufacturer's setup sufficient for driving on the motorway?

Hello, I formerly had a 2016 C207E400 vehicle that has a complete service history with Mercedes-Benz.

Unfortunately, the automobile is no longer functional.

If I were in your situation, I would thoroughly analyze the vehicle, with special emphasis on examining the subframes.

These frames corrode inside.

Convertible vehicles may have issues with water infiltration into the sills.

Please provide information on the rust on the underside. It seems to be a matter of chance or inconsistency, where some individuals will be satisfactory while others will not. A few years ago, my previous SLK had same issue, and Mercedes-Benz would not acknowledge it, despite the fact that I had been using their services exclusively since the car was brand new. Other individuals were fortunate in having their Mercedes vehicles replaced.

I have discovered a device for emitting soot and have spoken with the proprietor. It is likely that I will proceed with the purchase. The car is equipped with memory seats, has a reasonable mileage, and comes with a well-documented maintenance record. I have examined the Euro 6 facelift 350 models, but the availability of memory seats, mileage, and pricing is limited and uncommon.

Consider that all vehicles are equipped with an air cap located on the top of the windshield, however some have a manual control while others have an automated control that adjusts based on the vehicle's speed. No, an additional air deflector is not necessary since the built-in one located behind the rear seats functions well. However, I do own an extra deflector to provide piece of mind while traveling at high speeds on the autobahns, as it prevents anything on the back seats from becoming airborne.

Greetings

Regarding the abbreviation "SLK," while researching the television program "Flipping Bangers," they included two episodes, if I recall well. I suggest searching for the episode that showcases the blue-colored automobile for more understanding.

Regarding CLK - One of my children had the hardtop many years ago. It was impressive about 10 years ago, but in my opinion, it now seems outdated both on the outside and inside.

In my opinion, the E class seen in the picture on the boards still seems aesthetically pleasing.