Should I use wax or not?

JamesStv

When weather conditions permit, I will use Autoglym Super Resin to polish the automobiles. However, I am uncertain if it is necessary to apply a wax afterwards.

Can wax be used to coat glass surfaces as well?

If the paint is in excellent condition, opting for a contemporary spray ceramic sealer might be more advantageous than using wax.

More readily applicable, highly efficient, and with greater longevity

There is a plethora of information available, it would be advisable to do a search on Google or watch reviews/comparisons on YouTube.

I have previously used this product. Recently, there was a promotional offer at Costco where you could get it for about Β£12/13 per bottle, in case you happen to shop there.

The Meguiar's G190526EU Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax is a 768ml product that utilizes advanced SiO2 technology. You can get it on Amazon at the following link: https://amzn.eu/d/3tzjuHM

Highly efficient and user-friendly, this product may be used post-washing to enhance safeguarding properties.

While it may not provide the same level of application as a typical ceramic coating, it is very efficient and provides excellent value for money when used regularly on everyday vehicles.

If your paint is already in excellent condition, there is no need to continue polishing it. Perhaps consider doing it on an annual basis.
A device such as Sonax BSD (bright shine detailer) is very easy to use, provides excellent value, and exhibits an exceptional beading effect.

While I like the convenience of spray-on and rinse-off products, I am skeptical about their long-term effectiveness beyond a few hours. Can they really provide lasting benefits?

I have not yet cleaned any of the vehicles, so I suppose once would enough as soon as the weather permits. I need a wax or similar substance to maintain the luster and water beading properties.

Does the sonax primarily function as a waterless wash rather than a wax?

Indeed, it is not a waterless wash product. Perform the standard automobile washing procedure, followed by thoroughly drying it. Apply a single spray per panel with a microfiber cloth, then promptly polish with another towel.
Instead of wax, it may be used to extend the longevity of a wax coating, but this may be excessive.

Indeed, wax is often considered archaic. Modern coatings and sealants surpass it in terms of durability.

If you have any free time, I recommend checking out any YouTube videos that discuss this topic. The 'Forensic Detailing Channel' is particularly excellent.

AG suggests applying an additional layer, particularly their Extra Gloss Protection, over the SRP.

Previously, I used Megs Last touch as a solution for interim cleaning, nevertheless, I have now switched to AG Aqua Wax. Apply in a similar manner to a spray detailer, such as Last Touch. Simply spray it into a clean, damp vehicle and dry with a microfiber cloth. Straightforward.

Indeed, I find it intriguing as well. I am considering purchasing Sonax for my autos. I often use Poor Boys items, which are of excellent quality. However, due to the black color of my cars (Bike 1 & SL500), every imperfection becomes quite visible. In contrast, my other vehicles are either yellow, white, or a shade of grayish-blue, depending on the lighting conditions.

Sonax BSD is a product. Exceptional content.πŸ‘πŸ‘ When I don't want to use the Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax, this is the product I rely on.
Which occurs almost every time I clean the vehicle.

Initially, wax was used for the purpose of safeguarding paint.
Contemporary automobiles are covered with a water-based pigment that is susceptible to being washed away by rain. To protect against this, a layer of plastic film or varnish is applied on top of the paint at the paintshop or factory.
Any product or method that enhances the appearance of your automobile will be acceptable, including the use of Mr. Sheene.
However, Wax is unnecessary.
Currently, there are many excellent goods available at affordable prices. Choose one that is user-friendly in terms of application.

I would want to purchase Autoglym products. I made the decision some time ago to only use Autoglym. After experimenting with several products from various manufacturers, I must admit that they are all rather similar in quality. In my opinion, the Autoglym Rapid Detailer is comparable to the Sonax BSD, as it performs well and has a pleasant fragrance.