Inquiring about the pricing of the First Gen R8 V8 Gated Manual.

HeadlinesQuick

I just saw a very appealing 09 R8 vehicle on the Autotrader platform. Carfax reports an accident in 2011, but provides just the case number, which I am unable to locate. Since then, it has been owned by three additional individuals and has accumulated a total of 36,000 kilometres. Guy requested a sum of 75,000 but is open to accepting a sum of 60,000.

Prior to his purchase, he had Audi do a pre-purchase or multipoint examination on the vehicle and subsequently shared the video with me. The only issue observed was the leakage of the magride located at the front, necessitating the replacement of both shocks.

According to Blackbook (not KBB), the price of this vehicle in excellent condition is $50,000. However, I am aware that it is classified as a 'Modern Classic', which means that its price may increase depending on demand and rarity. Does a sum of $65k sufficient for this?

Perhaps the following information will aid in the process of decision-making. In addition, I will include my 2009, R8 6spd, with a value of 43,000, which will never be sold from my garage for a sum of 60,000 or 75,000 due to the following reasons. Apologies if this contributes to any misunderstanding, but the majority of individuals here will retain ownership of their vehicles, as Americans often assert, "until they forcefully remove my lifeless fingers from the steering wheel."

https://www.hagerty.com/media/automotive-history/eight-things-to-know-now-the-audi-r8-era-is-over/

The value of KBB is negligible when applied to vehicles such as gated manual R8's, much alone those classified as "black book."

Based on my comprehension, there are two primary concerns associated with these automobiles, namely the magnesium and the air conditioning compressor.

Additionally, it is important to consider the presence of reinforcing plates.

A price of $65K is considered favourable if you are able to get a clean bill of health on a PPI, namely the one that the current owner obtained, and if the accident was of a small kind.

Wishing you success in your quest...I just came across a pristine 18K mile 2010 V8 gated vehicle and I am still incredulous.

Regarding the 36 K miles, the price of $65 K is rather favourable. Ensure that the front frames are undamaged and the air conditioning system is operational.

I will disagree. A V8 with an accident on Carfax is priced at a substantial $65,000. The majority of prospective customers are unlikely to consider purchasing a vehicle unless it is a long-term investment.

A price of $65k is seen excessive for a gated vehicle with 36,000 kilometres, particularly if the inside contains carbon fibre, on the assumption that the single accident is well recognised and involves a straightforward repair, such as repainting or replacing a bumper. If you are purchasing this as an investment, I concur with Dinkman's viewpoint that some prospective purchasers may have a strong aversion against any occurrence of accidents.

Nevertheless, I was delighted to get a gated R8 V8 (equipped with carbon) for a sum of $73,000, with a mileage of 48,000 miles. In my perspective, this transaction can be deemed satisfactory, if not exceptional. Therefore, a price of $65k for a reduced mileage, albeit with the possibility of a small accident, is seen favourable.

The cost of $65,000 is seen exorbitant for a gated vehicle with a mileage of 36,000 kilometres, especially if the inside is equipped with carbon fibre. This assessment is based on the premise that a single accident is widely acknowledged and requires a simple repair, such as repainting or replacing a bumper. If you are buying something as an investment, I agree with Dinkman's perspective that certain potential buyers may strongly dislike any possibility of accidents.

However, I was pleased to get a gated R8 V8 vehicle, which was fitted with carbon, for a total cost of $73,000, and it had accumulated a mileage of 48,000 kilometres. From my standpoint, this trade may be considered favourable, if not outstanding. Hence, a cost of $65,000 for a decreased distance, notwithstanding the potential occurrence of a little collision, is seen as advantageous.

Thank you, everyone. Upon purchase, the existing owner provided me with his PPI video, which yielded a positive health assessment. Currently, I am doing thorough research and obtaining my own PPI. I informed them that the vehicle had been involved in an accident and expressed a desire to thoroughly inspect the frame and welds to ensure the absence of any anomalous elements. After doing a test drive, I developed a strong affinity for the product, indicating my strong interest in it.

How will future generations acquire knowledge in the coming years? There will be a shift in market needs throughout that period.

In my opinion, it is too pricey considering the current market conditions.