BMW Certified Pre-Owned Warranty Problem

Anhartic

Greetings,

I bought my 4 series from a BMW outlet in the northern region in July 2023.

Recently, I saw little leaks near the rear view mirror following heavy rainfall.

Since the vehicle is still under warranty, I brought it to my nearby BMW dealer today. They verified that my windscreen was changed at some point and pointed out where it was not properly sealed. The windscreen has the year 2023, indicating that it was updated sometime last year before I purchased the vehicle.

Since it is not the original windscreen installed by the manufacturer, it is not included in the warranty coverage. I am considering a cost of £1,500 for the replacement.

Do you believe I have a valid claim for compensation against the dealership that sold me the car? Should the dealership, who sold it as an authorised used vehicle, have recognised that it had a new windscreen?

Accidentally damage the vehicle and ensure it is covered by insurance. However, if the warranty is for a BMW, I would strongly oppose accepting the car. I am curious about what other repairs or maintenance it has had.

If the vehicle is still inside the original warranty, it is unlikely to be covered if non-BMW components were installed.
An extended warranty often necessitates the use of original equipment manufacturer (OEM) components for installation.

The only debatable issue is that the automobile was sold with that windscreen already installed, and you were unaware that it was an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) part, thus the dealer who sold it should cover the cost. Good luck getting assistance from a BMW dealer or BMW headquarters.

I just purchased an X1 from Startstone BMW Leeds. During the purchase negotiations, it was mentioned that an authorised BMW vehicle must be supplied with BMW-approved specifications. For instance, if non-BMW brake pads were installed, they would need to be replaced with BMW brake pads. If the windscreen is non-standard, it should be changed according to BMW requirements

Simplest option and cheapest provided you have windscreen cover.

Autoglass will inform you that removing a screen without damage is improbable, and any external sealant (RTV) applied will likely be visible and ineffective.

An acquaintance of mine, David (rest in peace), performed the act by locating a road recently covered with chippings and executing it there.
He never figured it out, but he was elderly.