Infrared keyfob

Lovelyas

In my opinion, automobiles of that period were equipped with dealer-installed aftermarket alarms. Upload a picture of the fob. If it is not an original product, there is no possibility. What is the issue with yours?

I recall reading that the availability of new IR fobs has ceased, however it would be prudent to verify this with the parts department at a dealership.

The MBSS (Mercedes-Benz Security System) alarm/immobiliser was installed in the UK by Scorpion prior to being delivered to the dealer. I possess the certificate for my automobile from 1997.

Β 

image.png.7783ca25577f585a9e9e771fbc4f81d6.png

Indeed. It was identical to my W124. A rectangular fob with two square buttons and a red light positioned at the top corner.
Several years ago, the buttons on my device became less responsive, so I purchased a couple brand new key fobs from an online marketplace and replaced the internal components. That happened a long time ago.

They are currently accessible. Patience is required, since it may take a considerable amount of time, but eventually it will materialise. The vintage 129-key flip-out keyboard is unlikely to be replicable by independent key manufacturers. The DAS 3, which is the first electronic key, has the capability to perform the desired action. You will own a DAS2 on your 129.