Are there any significant recurring issues that I should be cautious about with any of these E350 models?

DownContent

I purchased the item from a nearby vendor that has a favourable reputation on this platform. I would want to ensure that there are no possible significant expenses in the horizon. If anybody can provide advice, please do so.

The price of the 2012 E350 is £9,490.

https://www.mercland.com/vehicle/mercedes-e350-sport-cdi-blueefficiency-ss-auto-in-nuneaton-warwickshire-19b39144-1eea-4a1f-a504-b108012d8d1d

The price of the 2015 E350 is £12,990.

https://www.mercland.com/vehicle/mercedes-e350-amg-night-edition-premium-bluetec-auto-in-nuneaton-warwickshire-3908ebb5-61e1-43fe-ac84-b0c801251180

Indeed, you are correct; Mercland has a high level of esteem among this community.
Among the two automobiles you mentioned, the 2015 car is equipped with Bluetec technology, which has the potential to cause problems in the future.
Retrieve information on AdBlue issues by doing a search on the forum.

The year 2012 might potentially be a critical year for the failure of oil cooler seals. The cost to repair is estimated to be between £800 and £1200.
I believe the seals had modifications about 2012, but I am uncertain about the exact timeframe.

Thank you for the responses, everyone. Has there been a certain year when the adblue issues were resolved on the E350 vehicles? Did the difficulties occur in all variants? Would choosing an E220 model prevent encountering these problems?

The 2012 car has been minimally used and frequently serviced. Although it may be slightly overpriced, purchasing from Mercland comes with the advantage of a reliable warranty. The 65 registration model complies with Euro 6 standards and utilises adblue, which can potentially cause issues. However, many vehicles have successfully accumulated 100,000 miles without any complications. It is possible that using high-quality adblue may be the key to avoiding problems. Ultimately, the decision between the 2012 and 65 plate models depends on your intended usage. If you plan to drive only a few thousand miles locally, the 2012 model is suitable. However, if you anticipate driving in cities and covering significant mileage, the 65 plate model would be a better choice.

The car is intended for the Mrs, who typically covers a distance of around 12,000 miles per year. Approximately 70% of the driving takes place in urban areas, while the remaining portion occurs on highways. She need just heated seats and phone connection.

Is the Mercland warranty self-underwritten or underwritten by a third party?

I would not personally purchase an Adblue car. However, the 3.0-liter engine is excellent. Taking into account the low mileage and history shown in the pricing, I would recommend considering the older model. Excellent value for the price.
Mercland is often accessible, so you may inquire with them about the matter of the seals.

AdBlue was introduced with the EU6 emission standards in around 2014-2015, and regrettably, it continues to be in use as of 2024. Older vehicles are adequate. Alternatively, one might choose to purchase a gasoline-powered vehicle instead of a diesel one. Gasoline engines do not need AdBlue and it has never been installed in them.

Regarding the Mercland warranty, although it may be excellent, it will inevitably reach its expiration, leaving one to wonder about the next course of action.

BlueTEC refers to a kind of diesel engine that use AdBlue.

BlueEFFICIENCY encompasses fuel-saving characteristics in both Diesel and Petrol vehicles, although it does not contain AdBlue as one of its components.

Transitioning from a difficult situation to an even more challenging one is inevitable, unless you want to purchase a gasoline-powered vehicle.

EDIT: ... this will also eradicate possible Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) issues.