HolyRoach
Members-
Posts
187 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by HolyRoach
-
Indeed, it is peculiar to see a decrease in pricing, particularly considering the fact that I have just filed a claim. I had not previously opted for the service plan since I did not anticipate on keeping the car for an extended period of time (it was only a temporary solution till I transition to an electric vehicle). However, I may consider exploring that option now.
-
I have been making monthly payments of £43 for an ongoing contract for an extended warranty on my 2015 C350e vehicle. I have the option to quit this contract at any moment. The underwriters have assessed the warranty packages for each category of MB automobile. I was informed this morning by phone that my warranty would be reduced in cost starting this month, to £40 per month. The warranty coverage and terms and conditions remain same, only a drop in price has been made. This reduction in price is likely due to the underwriters discovering fewer or less expensive claims than anticipated, allowing them to lower the insurance cost. I inquired about the cost of switching from monthly payments to upfront payments for a warranty lasting either 12 or 24 months. The offered prices were as follows: £419 for a 12-month warranty (£34.92 per month) £713 for a 24-month warranty (£29.71 per month) It is a favourable agreement if someone has the funds readily accessible to make an upfront payment. Nevertheless, the guarantee provided by MB is contingent upon maintaining regular auto servicing only at MB dealerships, which I find acceptable. I just saved around £700-800 as a result of having my thermostat updated under warranty. Upon reviewing the policy conditions once more, I have discovered that the warranty also provides coverage for my automobile in Europe. Consequently, I am considering taking my car to the continent for a trip. I would like to inquire about the cost of obtaining the same coverage from Warrantywise. Specifically, I am interested in selecting a garage labour rate of £150 per hour including VAT and setting a repair limit of £10,000, as the MB warranty covers claims up to the market value of the car. Additionally, I would like to know if Warrantywise offers a zero excess, similar to the MB warranty. The monthly cost is £102.44. Despite modifying it to a £100 deductible and a £1,000 repair limit, the monthly cost remains at £62.64, which exceeds the MB guarantee by over 50%.
-
I like the profit and loss line item. LOL The current condition in some cities is lamentable.
-
Has anybody have experience with the Motoreasy warranty?
HolyRoach replied to FreexPatty's topic in General
I am OK with purchasing a four-year-old automobile that is no longer covered by a warranty. Although it may be a very minor risk, I have seen that significant issues with the automobiles I purchased tend to occur during the first three years while still covered by someone else's warranty. I choose to maintain a reserve of £500 as a contingency fund in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Prior to purchasing my CLS55, I had never encountered the need to make a significant financial investment. However, considering that it is dated 2006, one must acknowledge the limited options available in the event of a failure in the SBC, SAS, steering pump, or steering rack. Either I will retain it indefinitely or the subsequent owner will not need to repair them. -
Are you inquiring about the value of incorporating carbon fibre into the engine compartment? In my opinion, the investment is justified since it enhances the engine compartment with a more distinctive and unique appearance. Typically, I see that used sets on eBay are priced at about $3,000.
-
I agree with MutanX viewpoint that frame fractures are often exaggerated, but, it is still prudent to get photographs of the frame while making a purchase. I recommend exercising caution when driving over potholes and refraining from exceeding speeds of 80 mph while encountering a pothole, particularly if you are driving an older vehicle.
-
According to others, the battery in question is an AGM battery. They suggest that any trickle charger with an AGM setting would be suitable for charging it. CTEK is often the preferred brand.
-
Many decay inside. The Alfa Brera is a classic example.
-
The device will not explode in close proximity to your face. To safely connect the two little pins, you need to attach a 12-volt power source and a ground connection. The pins contain contacts that automatically short-circuit when the plug is withdrawn. Deliberately setting off an explosion would need a very focused and determined endeavour. Never by accident!
-
Once the airbag is removed, you will be able to reach the screws that secure the shifting paddles. Once the paddles are removed, you can access the screws for the switch block.
-
I have exchanged a few switch packs. Attempt to clean it little beforehand. Based on my own experience, those buttons are often the most frequently used ones in the group.
-
Indeed, it is correct.
-
Simply get it remapped with an EGR deletion.
-
Are you referring to the resonator version for performance or the straight x pipes version for racing? I am unfamiliar with this technology, but based on my speculation, I would assume that the latter option would produce a higher volume than the Kline inconel. Nevertheless, my concern would be the potential loss of the exceptional resonance produced by the Kline inconel system.
-
I have never personally had a vehicle mapped. No speeding citations have been issued in the last 50 years of driving. I had previously had an issue with a V12 Jaguar that I own, since its maximum speed was limited to 154mph, contrary to my initial expectation of 155mph. The speed limit in this region remains unchanged at 70mph.
-
Avoid doing this unless you want to permanently leave a mark on your automobile.
-
2014 red Spyder I am searching for black seats with red accents that are easy to get out of due to previous hip surgery. I want to avoid any impediments at the bottom of the seat that may hinder my ability to exit the automobile. Although it may seem peculiar, it is what I am aiming to get. Frankly, I don't want to spend exorbitant sums of money either. Some of you may have luxurious chairs, but I prefer not to spend too much money. I am uncertain whether my aspirations are feasible.I am interested in exploring other options to replace my dull black chairs. If I couldn't locate anything, I would be OK with that outcome as well.
-
Thank you. I will attempt them. I am unable to get a quotation from Churchill or Direct Line, who are part of the same firm, since their website freezes.
-
Impressive! I believed that mine was elevated... My quotation from Aviva is £485, and I will get £45 payback via Quidco.
-
Hello everyone. It's time to refresh once again. The insurance premium for my vehicle, a 22 plate 'S' rear-wheel drive, has increased from £363 to £575 with no claims made. Has anybody improved while competing against one of the major companies? Cheers
-
Who manufactures the wheels? A set might cost as much as $20,000.
-
Upon recently viewing this discussion, I have noticed that I own analogous crease marks on my driver's seat, much like the original poster (OP). I see it as an inherent reality, uncertain of any potential actions one may take? I will maintain the cleanliness of the inside by regularly vacuuming and wiping it down.
-
Which engine should I choose for the C63 - the M156 or the M177?
HolyRoach replied to CleverPixel's topic in General
Regarding track performance, the M156 engine is very powerful and has an ethereal and fiery nature. The process continues incessantly, continuously progressing without any inclination to halt. The vehicle has the ability to consume bumpers off a Porsche 911 turbo. It has the potential to instill a great deal of fear in others, particularly when navigating tight turns. The sight of smoke emanating from the rear tyre and flames being expelled is very remarkable when seen in rewind. If you have a sensation of being a decade younger and get pleasure from visiting amusement parks with children, then m156 is an excellent choice. Although I lack personal experience with the 4.0l, my friends will provide you with an abundance of positive feedback. I really like this film; it is quite captivating and exhilarating.