Problem with Dashboard Delamination

TigerDrummer

Greetings, gentlemen.

A few weeks ago, I saw that the dashboard in my Gen 2 vehicle is developing bubbles (experiencing delamination) around the vent region nearest to the windscreen. I booked an Appt w my dealer to come in this coming Monday.

Those purchasing a pre-owned R8 should be aware that the maximum Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) guarantee available is a 7-year, 80,000-mile warranty. I assumed it began from the day you bought the car but I was mistaken. I purchased the automobile in December 2020. Thus, I have only used it for a duration of 3 years. I believe that the Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) guarantee applies retroactively to the date of the vehicle's first delivery. If you are purchasing a pre-owned R8 that qualifies for Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) status and you want to prolong the original manufacturer's warranty, it is important to be aware of the following information.

I would want to inquire about the implications of purchasing a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle with a three-year warranty in December 2020. When the automobile was already 3 years old? Or maybe it wasn’t an option available because my vehicle was 3 years Old when I got it.

The moral of the tale is that if you see any issues that you believe should be addressed by Audi, it is important not to procrastinate. At least have the vehicle evaluated by an Audi tech so it’s in the computer. And claim procedure has begun. I am aware that it takes many months to install a dashboard. But as long as the claim has begun then it doesn’t matter when the component actually arrives. Even if your warranty has expired.

yeah and it’s a $250 deductible by the way. Additionally, there is a service cost of $299, which applies if AUDI determines that the item in question is not covered under warranty and no claim can be made. Essentially, if Audi categorises an expense as an out-of-pocket item, you will be billed $299 instead of the usual $250 deductible.

Incidentally. I resolved my query and verified it by contacting my close associate who holds the position of General Manager at Audi.

He said that it is a period of 7 years starting from the day of delivery. I examined the delivery date of my automobiles, which was December 16, 2016. It is now clear why my 7-year Platinum warranty will end on December 16, 2024.

I would want to get a fidelity extended warranty. The coverage commences from the date of car purchase, which occurred three years ago (regrettably). Considering that my automobile was already covered by Audi's warranty, it would be unnecessary for me to incur additional expenses for a new warranty. Similar to making retroactive payments for duplicate insurance coverage. Alternatively, maybe I am approaching this from an incorrect perspective. I am uncertain.

Just to confirm, I want to ensure that I am referring to the correct "Fidelity" warranty business. Does this website belong to them?

I am perplexed by the prevalence of this phenomenon. If I purchase a 2017 and keep it outdoors 50% of the time is it sure to have a bum dash in a few years? Does it occur at a rate of 1 in 10?

I've frequently looked at photographs of 2017s for sale, it appears the failure rate is > 50% IMO. Undoubtedly, this is a manufacturing flaw, and I am pleased that Audi is taking responsibility for it. Despite being stored in a garage, my automobile nevertheless experienced delamination.

Only a subset of R8s manufactured between 2017 and 2020 are eligible for coverage. Unfortunately, mine is not part of the list that is covered. Mine's been garage stored and still delaminated. While not as visually unpleasant as other options, it is still undeniably unattractive.

Where should I direct my attention to identify indications of it? This week, I will be evaluating two automobiles by test driving them and I could consider making a purchase offer for one of them. There is one in 2017 and another one in 2018.

Out of all the items to economise on, they specifically chose to use superior adhesive. I suspect that they are using the same adhesive on the leather of the first generation doors as well.

Yesterday, I discovered the presence of tuberculosis (TB) in Erwin. It is impacting the following PR figures. I have successfully verified that my 2022 rear-wheel drive (RWD) vehicle with the PR number for the full leather package (7HD) is included in the coverage. I have just got the confirmation letter from Audi today. I used Erwin to get the list of PR numbers for my autos. I am uncertain whether there exists a more efficient or cost-free method of acquiring this information.

image.png.2ed39f5d23efcd2eec9aad300a756e6b.png