Experiencing strong squeaking originating from the suspension system on the front right side.

NotePapa

Greetings, everyone.

During the recent period of very low temperatures (ranging from 0 to -5 degrees Celsius last week), my 2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 CDI S204 model had a pronounced and disruptive squeaking sound originating from the front right suspension. This noise was particularly noticeable while making turns, whether when driving, manoeuvring out of intersections, or even when stationary and twisting the steering wheel from left to right.

Based on my extensive study on YouTube, it seems that the source of the noise is likely a worn ball joint, since there are other videos documenting the same issue.

With the increase in temperature by 5-6 degrees Celsius, the issue has fully disappeared. Complete absence of sound. Do you believe these are the first indications of a deteriorating ball joint, and do you anticipate that the situation will deteriorate further? Alternatively, what other possibilities may exist?

It was really unfavourable. I have scheduled an appointment with my nearby expert, but they are unable to examine the automobile until many weeks from now. However, I am contemplating if they will be unable to detect any issues because the noise has ceased. I would like for them to identify a possible problem and rectify it before it escalates into a real one.

The vehicle is a 2012 model with 128,000 km on the odometer and comes with a complete record of all maintenance and repairs.

What are your opinions and recommendations?

If it comes back, use silicon lubricant just to that specific area.
If there is silence, then it is a bingo!

If the issue persists, choose a different connection point and continue this process until you pinpoint the source of the problem.

Greetings, Thank you for your response. The fluid level has never been altered and remains at the correct level.

However, the noise I heard was not the typical groaning sound produced by the PAS pump, but rather a squeak originating from the front driver's side wheel. Even the children observed it, laughing out loud.

There are no creaking sounds coming from the engine or the passenger side.

The issue with applying spray to the joints is that it eliminates the noise. Thus, I would remain unaware 😞

However, I believe that if the temperature drops, it will come back.

Applying rubber boots to joints is quite futile, to be honest. It is preferable to use a steroid needle and syringe that is loaded with ATF. In my estimation, I would posit that the source of the noise is the shock absorber emitting a high-pitched sound. Consider using a spraying technique