The E46 320d with 150 horsepower has been upgraded to the 330d with 184 horsepower.

Bitxx

Greetings, gentlemen. I am now in the process of replacing the engine from m47n to m57. The body side connection is a more recent kind, often referred to as a single large connector.
The m57 ecu uses a compact, outdated generation connection. (Comparison between a 5-connector ECU and a 2-connector ECU)
I possess wiring diagrams (WDs) illustrating the pin configurations for both electronic control units (ECUs). However, I had difficulty in determining the appropriate placement for the voltage supply pins and ground pins. Additionally, on the m57 side, there are pins for coolant temperature, oil temperature, and other parameters. However, I am unable to determine their appropriate placement or connection on the m47 side.
It would be much appreciated if any of you could provide guidance on the correct placement of the remaining pins.

image.thumb.png.9a76824b481d34fc0b145c0dc0e9753a.png

I possess wiring diagrams illustrating the pin configurations of both ECUs. However, I am unable to determine the appropriate placement of the voltage supply pins and ground pins. Additionally, on the M57 side, there are pins designated for coolant temperature, oil temperature, and other functions, but I am uncertain about their corresponding locations on the M47 side. It would be greatly appreciated if any of you could provide guidance on the proper allocation of the remaining pins.

Regarding the matter at hand, I am aware that the terminal 30 is expected to be one of the three b+ pins. However, I am currently unaware of the specific pin in question.

I have successfully connected all the necessary components, or at least I believe I have done so. Rotate the key but there is no response or action. Perceive a distinct clicking sound originating from the engine compartment, accompanied by an absence of any other auditory indications. I have thoroughly cleaned the engine ground. I am still perplexed as to whether the 3 grounds and B+s should be placed anywhere or not. I discovered duplicates of these located behind an alternative interface for the m57 ecu. I am experiencing a lack of ideas and would much appreciate any assistance or suggestions.

Retrieve information through a systematic examination. mydeadvalentine, a current user on this platform, has extensively exchanged these items and owned a BMW small vehicle equipped with a 3-liter engine.

Once again, I have identified the issue. Only two of them. One issue is that I cannot use the donor vehicles' ews module. I circumvented the issue by inserting a fuse between the two prominent wires. There is still no movement or response whatsoever. Examined the ECU wiring and related components, but found no issues. Considered the idea of reevaluating the voltages and grounds repeatedly, maybe for the hundredth time. Discovered a socket on the engine's ground nut that I had inadvertently left behind when reassembling it after cleaning the ground yesterday. Upon attempting to insert the key, the engine unexpectedly starts. Now I only need to complete the installation of the fuel lines, hoses for vacuum and coolant, organise the engine compartment and proceed with a test drive.

Additionally, does anybody own a schematic illustrating the gasoline line or hose for the e46 330d? I am uncertain about the proper placement and routing of the vacuum schematic, and unfortunately, I am unable to verify this information since the bmwfans.info website is now inaccessible.

Successfully started and operationalized the automobile. However, had an issue with the throttle. Engaging the throttle from 0-50% produces no response, while applying more than 50% results in a little increase in revolutions per minute (rpm) before stabilising at about 1.5k rpm. What may be the underlying reason of this?

I managed to resolve the issue with the pedal by identifying that a position sensor wire was missing and not properly attached. It is now functioning perfectly. There is a significant increase in boost/vacuum leakage, resulting in a significant decrease in power. However, this issue can be resolved by thoroughly inspecting all components. Currently, the progress of resolving the issue is at 75% completion. Therefore, this implies that the fuel lines were not correctly installed, the underneath pump was not properly attached, and there were loose wires present, among other issues. However, she has excellent driving skills, with a flawlessly operating engine and a smooth performance. I would want to include many video excerpts, however I am unsure of the method to do so. Thank you for the suggestions and comments, I have gained a substantial amount of knowledge from this website. If anybody is currently doing the similar procedure, please feel free to comment below this page to get assistance or vital information that I acquired throughout this exchange. This was my first diesel engine replacement, since I had previously completed a similar task on the 325-328i-s of the same generation, which were much less complex. Transitioning from a newer generation 4-cylinder engine to the first generation M57 6-cylinder engine was a lengthy and enjoyable experience. There were several fluctuations and a plethora of fresh knowledge that I acquired. However, this is the essence of the matter. Here is what I particularly like about automobiles, namely BMWs. The process of acquiring knowledge, including both successes and failures, is what unifies an automobile community. All those who made contact and provided valuable suggestions. Appreciation is extended to everyone, and I am now going to delight in using my newly acquired engine ❤

Discovered the method to include an image, although remain unaware of the procedure to include self-recorded movies of the automobile in motion. However, if any of you own this knowledge, kindly share it in the comments section.