Assistance required. This section

TigerDrummer

I have recently had a servicing and MOT. Additionally, there is an oil leak. I have been informed that it may be the cam sensor. Can anybody identify this component? In addition, I installed LED lights without realizing that they were not compliant with the law.

image.png.a806ad1c99335e72ba2259e79d5446cb.png

image.png.6eebbadf19ec476b697b7bed48fabdbe.png

I first thought it resembled a magnetic device used to mitigate interference in wires, but refrained from expressing my opinion to avoid seeming unintelligent.

Revision: Regrettably, you expressed the statement after the appropriate time, my friend.

The object has a bolt. I believed it to be the cam sensor. I am uncertain whether there were several options based on my investigation, and I have been attempting to correlate the codes with the markings on the plastic connector, but I have not been successful so far.

I just replaced mine due to a leakage issue. It is a component known as a camshaft position actuator or a similar device. Attached is a photograph depicting the leak. The previously extracted component (my previous one) and the container in which the new one was received, labeled with the part number. The price was around 60 pounds, and the dealers had the item available since he said it is a frequent issue. This will assist you.

image.png.85063b24608aef75cbf0de53d57faf07.png

image.png.24d798b6d5eec6f9f9e5e7db96bda865.png

Thank you, that is extremely helpful. Is it just a direct exchange, without any further complications? Furthermore, did the numerical values of your component correspond to those of your new component? My car is a 2017 model with a 1.5-liter petrol turbo engine, therefore I believe it requires the same component.

It can be completed in only two minutes. You detach the white plug. Disengage the bolt and remove it in a linear motion. Prior to insertion, I applied a little amount of oil from the previous component onto the new component, namely onto the o-ring. Attach securely, connect effortlessly, and complete.

He informed me that there are two potential components. The bolt lug is directly attached to the component. The second one, similar to mine, has a lug that has been soldered onto the side. I believe that yours will be identical to mine, but please examine the side of yours to see whether it has been welded. I have marked it with a circle in the picture. Apologies, I am now occupied with work and unable to verify the component number.

image.thumb.png.a3c0bb999595f8f56cdee8f21bd35ab6.png