Considering altering the colour of my gas cap.

Jollyno

Hello everyone, I am considering changing the colour of the gas cap on my 2022 Spyder. I am seeking guidance on the most effective approach to take.

Is it suitable for powder coating without any safety concerns?

Alternatively, is it more advantageous to wrap it? I choose not to wrap because I value the durability of paint/powder coating much more. Thank you

The gas cap cover seems to be made of metal and may be removed rather quickly (see to the link provided). Assuming that the finish is not a concern, this would simplify the process of powder coating. Due of the intricate nature of the form, wrapping may not be the most suitable choice.

I would delegate all of those tasks to the store. My primary question is if disassembling and reassembling the plastic housing of the gas cap might potentially result in any complications with achieving a precise fit upon reassembly. I really like the gas cap to be securely fastened and aligned without any irregularities or variations in spacing.

I am sceptical about the durability of the gas cap covering. Even when dealing with extensive regions, I have had difficulties in maintaining a flawless condition. Handling a little circle seems like an extremely challenging task.

Flexishield provides pigmented paint protection film (PPF) that has a longer lifespan of 3-5 years compared to standard vinyl.

Both vinyl and PPF are completely reversible. Which colour are you contemplating changing it to?