Replacement of rear brake discs and brake pads.

Anabroo

I want assistance in modifying the aforementioned component on a 2014 Sportage throughout the next weekend. Does anybody possess any valuable advice or guidance?

With the use of an impact screwdriver, it is expected that the disc screws will be successfully removed. Should I use a screwdriver to rotate the shoe adjustment in the opposite direction as the handbrake?

I would presume that the handbrake shoes are in satisfactory condition, but does anybody have knowledge of the minimum thickness required?

On Monday, I will take my vehicle to a garage to have all the tyres replaced. This is a cost-effective and convenient option, since it is simpler for the professionals to do it when the car is lifted off the ground, rather than me struggling with it on the driveway.

That is not occurring. The automobile belongs to a family member, and ATS provided a quotation of £650 for the replacement of discs, pads, shoes, and handbrake cables.

I have purchased the components for a total of £80 and possess the necessary tools along with a moderate level of proficiency. Regardless, it is preferable to not have to engage in any activities involving or concerning one's spouse.

European automobile components are also reasonably priced, and you have the option to choose a location for their installation. In my case, the cost is simply £72.

Monitor the brake fluid level as it may increase.Additionally, remove the cap in order to press the piston back in.

An illuminating little light is useful for inspecting the drum in order to locate the adjuster.
It is located at the lowest point.
To make the necessary adjustments, you will want a high-quality flathead screwdriver.

Loosen the adjusters by accessing the hole in the brake drum.
Sufficient to remove the disc.
It is quite simple.
The hand brake shoes should be in good condition since they do not significantly contribute to stopping the automobile, resulting in little wear.

Thoroughly clean everything and apply a thin layer of grease. This will ensure that the task is completed successfully.

I successfully replaced the rear discs and pads on each wheel in around 30 minutes per wheel.

The challenging aspect, while not inherently tough, is in correctly setting the hand brake. It is necessary to make adjustments until the brake is engaged, and then slightly loosen the adjuster to provide a modest resistance. It is important to ensure that both wheels are approximately equally affected.

If you want assistance in adjusting the handbrake cable, I recommend seeing a tutorial video on YouTube. This resource may also provide guidance on brake-related matters.It is always beneficial to encounter the Rabbit, metaphorically speaking.

If your vehicle is equipped with horse shoe style handbrake shoes, the adjustment may be found at the top. (slightly upper left) The adjuster has a left-hand thread and may need some mental effort to fully comprehend its functioning. I had to touch down the adjusters on mine, namely at the bottom of the adjuster, in order to turn them off. Avoid overexertion, since it may result in excessive tension and jamming of the drum.

It seems as if you have much experience in handling vintage automobiles! A "brake spoon" is the appropriate instrument for this task, since it has a crank at the end that greatly facilitates adjustment.

The handbrake shoe retainer is not faulty. Death comes suddenly and unexpectedly, much like the iconic Volkswagen, Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes cars from the past.