Android screen

NameInterest

The OEM display size is 10.25 inches. Am I allowed to substitute with a 12-inch or larger option?
Can you suggest any established and dependable Android touchscreens with integrated CarPlay functionality that can be used as a replacement for the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) display?

I still want to use the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) microphone, back camera, idrive, and steering wheel knobs.

I purchased one of these products for my F10 5-series vehicle and it performed really well. Regrettably, a product specifically designed for the F13 model is not available. From an electronics standpoint, it is quite probable that it will function without any issues. However, the primary concern would be the mounting process.

I was likewise in search of a 12-inch display and I had difficulty in finding a well-established and dependable touch screen for Android. Nevertheless, Seicane offers a 12" android display, prompting me to make the decision to buy it.

The website link provided is https://www.seicane.com/for-2011-201...on-system-h879.

I have not yet installed the system, but I will certain to come back here and provide an update.

image.thumb.png.625677cefb70a97d037954adabcce4e6.png

There are currently no updates available. I have engaged in conversations with my superiors, who have shared anecdotes of instances when the installation of non-original stereos in automobiles has resulted in the vehicles being unable to start or causing a complete malfunction of the whole system. I have a tendency to be concerned about these matters, so I have been actively searching for a professional to handle the installation. However, I have not yet been successful in finding one. Given that it is an Asian brand and combined with the intricate IDrive technology, I see a potential catastrophe. However, this is only my own viewpoint, since others may have other opinions. I am considering taking the initiative and installing it myself before the end of the week. I will provide an update if I go with this plan.

I get your sentiment, since it can be quite an intimidating endeavour when doing it for the first time. If I am able to locate a supplier based in the United Kingdom, I am very inclined to undertake this endeavour in the month of January, since I will not be engaged in any professional activities and will therefore have a sense of ennui.

Ultimately, it is only an exhibition, and the most unfavourable aspect is its malfunction.
I am concerned with the description they provide on their website. The Carplay Android 11.0 12.3 inch is a high-definition touchscreen GPS navigation system with Bluetooth designed specifically for BMW 6 Series F06 F12 models from 2011 to 2016.

Is it tactile?

I will provide a more comprehensive assessment at a later time, since I am now occupied but wanted to share this information promptly. I successfully mounted the 12-inch display and it works well without any significant problems.

Were you transitioning from NBT or NBTEVO? Does NBT support Auxiliary/Amplifier? Do you need any additional cords like as DVR, OBD, GPS, DAB, or a USB to video output adapter? The website lacks information on other components required to preserve the original factory options functionality, apart from the main unit.
I would really appreciate any counsel prior to my imminent leap from this precipice. Laughing out loud

I purchased mine from AliExpress and have been using it for more than a year without encountering any problems. As an Android user, I cannot provide any insights on CarPlay. However, I must admit that I seldom use Android Auto. When you own one of these Android Head Units, there is no need. All the applications are installed directly on the smartphone, which I much like. A screen size of 12.3 inches is ideal. Click on the link below to access the unit I obtained. Opt for the 128GB variant since it is equipped with the superior Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 CPU.

image.thumb.png.ba4481ed41f48b703209f5cb8ab5a8bb.png

Can you clarify whether this device is only for display purposes or if it also has software such as Android or Apple CarPlay?
Do you have any photographs depicting the appearance of the product when it is in operation?

I want to transmit a video tomorrow, which will demonstrate the use of the carplay feature, after I get my 650i vehicle subsequent to its thorough cleaning and maintenance.

After doing a thorough comparison of the two systems, I ultimately chose the Nunoo over the Seicane because to the much superior performance of the Qualcomm Snapdragon665/625, in contrast to the RK3066 1.6GHz Cortex A9 Dual-core. Despite the fact that the price difference has increased after my purchase. The installation process was problem-free and straightforward. The system is essentially plug-and-play, with the exception of a few minor features.

Prioritise adjusting the display resolution to provide optimal viewing on both Android and BMW platforms. To access the factory settings on the Android device, go to the menu screen and choose the "Settings" option. The menu requests a password, which, for Nunoo, is: 666666.
Below the BMW section, you will find a comprehensive list of numerical values and corresponding resolutions. The 10.3" option for NBT was the BMW 8. This adjustment will optimise the BMW interface's display on the screen, achieving a seamless resemblance to the original factory design.

The second aspect I needed to attend to was the audio output. Simply choose the original choice and use BMW's configuration. In order to route the audio to the head unit, you must access the standard BMW interface and enable the Aux function under the media settings. During the installation process, it is quite simple to route the auxiliary cable down the right side of the main unit and align it with the space between the leather trim on the passenger side and the wood/carbon gear shift trim, leading towards the armrest. Insert the slip into the auxiliary port, which is situated towards the bottom of the armrest. This enables the head unit to use audio from the BMW hard drive, DVD/CD, and USB. I had difficulties while attempting to stream audio from my phone to the machine over Bluetooth. However, as mentioned by the individuals above. You may download and use all the Android applications you typically use on your smartphone by using the head unit and Android Auto.

The second issue I encountered pertained to camera settings in the new Android interface. To resolve this, choose "use original" under camera settings and disable all other choices, since they may prevent the automatic display of the picture when selecting the gear position R.

Finally, if you like to optimise the interface, you should configure your phone to enable hotspot functionality and set up the Android interface to use it. The issue lies in the fact that each time you need to activate it on the phone, which is a time-consuming process. Tasker, an application, and instructional videos on YouTube may assist you in automating this process by providing step-by-step guidance. I have configured my vehicle such that whenever the Bluetooth in my BMW connects to my phone, it automatically activates the hotspot and connects to the car's head unit. Upon turning off my vehicle, Tasker is activated by the disconnection of the BMW Bluetooth, thereby initiating the automated shutdown of the hotspot. This automated application is priced at around $3 when purchased in a physical shop. However, the software offers a multitude of functions that can be configured for your device, making it very valuable and worth the investment. Currently engaged in other duties at this same moment.

Overall, it was a significant improvement, particularly considering the issue with the peeling anti-glare on my screen. Additionally, I had been desiring an update to use android auto. When playing music videos using USB, it is important to note that the video seems much brighter and more prominent at nighttime.

It's great to see that you choose the option I suggested. It's excellent and absolutely necessary in today's day.

I experienced all the issues you described upon first acquiring it. As per your suggestion, it is advisable to retain the original BMW interface for the camera and only deactivate the mute function. This will prevent the interruption of your music while entering reverse.

I routed the AUX cable under the central console, passing it under the wooden trim and then threading it through the phone adapter interface located inside the storage console at the centre. In this manner, the presence of any external cable is completely concealed, since they are all discreetly positioned under the trimmings with other wires, and emerge immediately inside the storage console.

To resolve the internet/hotspot problem, I simply purchased a data SIM card for the headunit. The headunit is now autonomous and enjoys constant internet connectivity. By running all the applications directly on the headunit, I eliminate the need to utilise my phone. Avoid using Android Auto as well.

Regarding Bluetooth. I deactivate the Bluetooth functionality in the head unit and only use BMW vehicles. It is unnecessary and just leads to further complications. I mostly maintain Bluetooth connectivity on in my BMW vehicle and seldom use the AUX input (since I do not listen to the radio). The phone instantly connects to the BMW Bluetooth system and starts playing music as soon as I enter the vehicle.