Could you please provide recommendations and pricing for updating the Comand map?

engrol

Greetings, everyone.

I apologise for contributing to this topic, since there are several discussions on this issue or a similar one. However, most of them are from a few years ago and none provide a satisfactory answer.

I am seeking recommendations for a reliable source of SD card upgrades to update the Navi map in my C220 CDI 2011 Comand headunit. Additionally, I would appreciate any tips from anyone who have successfully performed this update themselves. Could you provide me with an estimate of the potential expenses I might incur if I were to visit a Mercedes dealership? I would want to have the 'current fuel consumption' bar graph rectified, since it now only displays up to 40mpg, although yesterday I achieved 64mpg on a single trip.

If anybody can suggest any nearby places, I am currently located in West Yorkshire.

Thank you

Thank you, TC350. I saw this seller and considered it as a potential choice based on the reviews.

Is the process as follows: you get the SD card and PIN via mail, then proceed to install it while the engine is running, and it takes around an hour to upload to the system? Was everything executed seamlessly? Does the design or functionality of the navigation feature undergo any changes?

Thank you in advance!

If your W204 is the updated version, it will be equipped with COMAND NTG4.5, unless it has Audio20.

Transferring the maps via a USB drive will result in quicker loading times compared to transferring them from an SD-Card, while both methods are viable. If you have a reliable Internet connection, you may download the maps from MB yourself at no cost. However, please note that the file size is almost 40 gigabytes.

Once the upload process begins, you have a few options: you can either keep the vehicle running (which is not ideal), connect it to a trickle charger, or just drive the car as usual while the maps are being transferred (although you won't be able to use the satnav while driving). Rest assured that even if you reach your destination before the maps upload is complete, the upload will resume automatically from the point where it was last interrupted when you next drive the vehicle, and it will continue until it is fully done.

Additionally, it is important to update the navigation software, which involves upgrading the firmware. However, this task can only be performed by a dealer or an independent professional who has access to STAR. The latter will also have the capability to upgrade your COMAND unit from Generation 1 to Generation 2, resulting in a change from a brown colour to a grey/red colour.

I will remember it. An change in firmware would be intriguing, but, the headunit generates an excessive amount of heat even while operating on V1. It is uncertain how it would handle any further load.

You said that idling the automobile is not ideal. Does idling cause the car to overheat? While it is evident that idling a car for extended periods is detrimental to both the vehicle and the environment, as well as being costly, are there any other reasons why it should not be left idling for an hour?