Is there a problem with the backup camera after upgrading from Gen 1 to Gen 1.5 (Facelift) OEM Radio?

Lemmand

Seeking assistance from someone who can help- I bought a Gen 1.5 Facelift OEM radio unit to put in my Gen 1 Pre-Facelift.

Prior to the replacement, the rear camera was functioning well on the previous unit. However, when connecting the new radio and engaging reverse gear, the screen briefly shifts to the rear camera display (which is blank) for a few seconds before returning to the original menu.

The car has been in storage for the winter and I have not yet pulled it out or driven it. I am unsure whether doing so is necessary to remedy the problem. Thank you everyone

Please inspect the programming of the back camera on the new device. When you open VCDS, you will see numerous choices available for selection, which may vary depending on the area and kind of automobile. This is the experience I had when I purchased a radio unit with updated features for my vehicle that was manufactured before the updated version was released.

Thank you for your reply! I lack experience with VCDS and have only using OBDEleven.It seems that I may need to seek the assistance of a more knowledgeable someone in VCDS to do the reprogramming task.

Indeed, my answer would be affirmative. I own the ACARNAVI, but, I choose to evaluate the facelift radio.

The post-facelift version offers improved resolution, contrast, and much quicker menu scrolling compared to the pre-facelift version.

The origin of the facelift automobile determines its regional variation. The only method to determine is by connecting it to a power source.

Thank you.
The subsequent inquiry is...
Is there any specific explanation as to why the newer device would not function with the old CD changer?
Refrain from expressing amusement...πŸ˜„