Insignia in 2024

Workerat

Given its discontinuation in 2022/2023, is there any speculation on the possibility of Vauxhall reintroducing a similar vehicle in the future? Although there has been talk for years about the decline of big family cars and executive saloons/hatches, Mercedes, Audi, and BMW continue to manufacture them. Therefore, I am curious whether anybody believes that we will see a new Insignia, or a similar vehicle, in the near future. I have a strong aversion to contemporary vehicles, since there are an excessive number of electric/hybrid cars and "crossovers" that lack a clear identity as either a 4x4 or an MPV. Personally, I have a deep appreciation for classic, angular sedans and hatchbacks, and I would be very saddened by their potential extinction.

The Peugeot 508 is currently in production, to the best of my knowledge. If this concept is successfully implemented in another model, it is quite likely that we will see a Vauxhall/Opel spin-off, since they have already executed this strategy with all of their other models.

Indeed, I have seen such contemporary 508 models, which are quite attractive vehicles. In my opinion, the interiors seem too modern and unconventional.

My father briefly had a Peugeot 405 in the past, which was an excellent automobile.

If my next vehicle is not an Insignia B, I am uncertain about what it will be. Since 2010, it has been difficult to make a choice since there are not as many appealing options as there were in the 80s, 90s, and 00s.

In the event that hell experiences a complete freeze.There is going to be a spin-off of the emblem.
Regrettably, the prevailing trend is towards SUV-style body designs.
Or an unintelligent vehicle with a rectangular shape and wheels.
The elderly people will not have any cars to purchase since they will all be too large.
Additionally, it will be necessary to enlarge automobile parking places and affix a cone atop your SUV to differentiate it from others, since they will all seem indistinguishable.
I am contemplating purchasing a Volvo for my retirement due of its distinctiveness.
However, they are gradually discontinuing the production of any sedans or station waggons.
The roadways will need reinforcement to accommodate the additional load.

Indeed, your point is logical and accurate. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, the Vauxhall Omega and Ford Granada/Scorpio were gradually discontinued, indicating a shift away from producing cars of such kind. To get similar vehicles, one had to turn to the prominent German automakers.

Nevertheless, I always believed that the contemporary Mondeo/Vectra/Insignia models were sufficiently impressive vehicles to cater to both the big family and executive market segments. However, it seemed that such automobiles would have a lasting presence, but unhappily, that was not the case.

Since the 1990s, I have consistently purchased station waggons, namely the Vectra B, C, and Insignia A and B models. A few years ago, I believed that this kind of vehicle was no longer popular, but Audi has continued to provide them. Currently, their most desirable model is only available in the station waggon variant. Their next A6/7 is scheduled for imminent release. BMW has reentered the market for high-performance station waggons. Merc has consistently performed those tasks. Jaguar discontinued the XF estate model at the release of the second generation. However, they subsequently reintroduced it after a few years, which gives me optimism.
I prefer not to have an electric vehicle due to its limited range, which is further reduced while towing. Additionally, I have reservations about relying on charging facilities at service stations.

Indeed. I prefer not to have an electric option. In my opinion, petroleum and diesel fuel will continue to exist for a significant period of time, regardless of the information presented by the media and government. I distinctly recall seeing an antiquated episode of Top Gear from the 1980s when they discussed the obsolescence of the internal combustion engine by the year 2000. Clearly, it did not occur.