Satellite Navigation

Grundysp

Greetings, I just purchased a 2012 C180 vehicle. One notable feature is that the SatNav volume is muted, indicated by a red cross on the speaker shown on the screen. I am unable to determine the method to unmute it. I have attempted to modify the volume, but have been unable. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

As said before. The adjustment of volume is necessary during a SatNav message, especially when the speaker is engaged in conversation. To repeat the previous instruction, just push the button, and thereafter modify the volume upon hearing the SatNav message once again.

It should be noted that the 2012 vehicle will be equipped with either the Audio20 infotainment system, which is the entry-level model with the Becker Map Pilot navigation processor located in the glove box, or the COMAND NTG4.5 unit, which is the higher-end model including built-in navigation on the internal HDD. Are you aware of the specific one you possess?

Greetings,
I am uncertain about the specific system that is already in place. I will examine it this morning. However, the books that were sent with the automobile are intended for the Audio 20 system.

If that is the case, proceed to do an online search for an instructional handbook pertaining to the Becker Map Pilot for Mercedes.

The Becker Map Pilot navigation processor is located in the glove compartment. It can be detached from the vehicle and connected to a PC via a Mini-USB connection (distinct from the smaller Micro-USB). Once connected, the firmware may be updated at no cost, while the maps can be updated for a fee.

The act of unmuting may be achieved with a brief push, or alternatively, the volume level may have been adjusted to zero. There is a previous topic where the individual had to push the mute button and then press it again in order to activate it.

I have attempted to adjust the level while driving, anticipating instructions, and have also pressed and held the mute button. However, these attempts have been unsuccessful. I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

I have engaged in a conversation with an independent individual who was unable to provide guidance on the process. Consequently, I intend to attend a service in a few weeks if I am unable to resolve the issue.