Urban area submerged in water while absence from the location. Which technique is the most optimal in this particular scenario?

Anabroo

Metropolis had a significant inundation during my absence. The water line indicating the extent of the flood (caused by salt water) reached the driver side floor board, which is now dry, while the passenger side is somewhat moist. The automatic locks successfully unlocked the automobile. I detached the batteries and inserted damp-rid canisters to eliminate moisture. Attached is a photograph showing the precise location where the water level rose and caused flooding. Do you believe it would be advisable for me to attempt to start the engine forcefully, or should I instead remove the electronic control module (ECM) and dry it well before doing so? Alternatively, would it be more prudent to have the vehicle towed to a professional repair shop for a thorough inspection? Thank you in advance.

image.thumb.png.43fa59ed203b65c0fa8cab9decc8c532.png

I would promptly rinse off the salt with fresh water.
Remove the carpets and thoroughly clean both the interiors and the carpets by washing them many times in fresh water.

It is likely that he does not have comprehensive insurance for a vehicle that is 30 years old.

It is essential to completely remove all computers and devices and carefully clean them.

Wishing you success. Apologies for the difficulties you have experienced.

When fresh water comes into contact with electrical components such as relays and ECUs, it may cause damage. However, it only acts as a conductor while it is wet. Once the water has dried and the components are cleaned, the risk of damage is reduced.
Saltwater, due to its inherent abundance of minerals, retains its conductivity even when it is dry. since previously noted, saltwater is very corrosive. Therefore, it is advisable to thoroughly clean both the interior and exterior surfaces affected by saltwater. Additionally, it is recommended to replace any carpets that have been exposed to saltwater, since the salt minerals cannot be completely removed by washing. Perform a complete fluid replacement, thoroughly cleanse the interior of the frame box, and replace all relays. Electronic control units (ECUs) provide enhanced durability and resilience against extreme weather conditions due to their water-resistant coating. To clean them, just detach and rinse them with fresh water while they are not powered. Afterward, let them to dry at room temperature and apply electrical cleaner before reinstalling them.

I want to thoroughly clean both the inside and exterior using a salt neutralizer obtained from a marine store. Received an additional electronic control unit (ECU) via mail as a backup in case I need a replacement. I will inspect the relays and then place a box fan inside the unit overnight after its cleaning.

Given that the driver's side seems to be dry, I presume that the only electrical components requiring cleaning are located behind the passenger seat, am I accurate in this assumption?

This is unfortunate information. The challenge is in extracting the salt from the concealed compartments of the chassis and other components.

If you had the opportunity to reach a freshwater river crossing, I would recommend driving across it several times. Alternatively, go on an exciting expedition!

While it is relatively simple to repair malfunctioning modules or switches that have been damaged by salt water, it is much more difficult to replace a chassis or underbody that is gradually deteriorating.

In which city was your vehicle located?  As others have said, thoroughly rinse with clean water, ensuring that all areas, including the frame, are covered. Next, a thorough application of cavity wax. Remove liquids and remove floor coverings. There is no need for excessive concern over the ECU's located beneath the passenger seat, since they can be readily supplied at a low cost. My knowledge of the engine Electronic Control Unit (ECU) is limited. Based on the waterline, I believe you will be safe.

Some notable individuals like Rimmer Bros and Kingsley, among others, are associated with this, provided that the colour is either brown, grey, or black. A proficient upholstery establishment have the capability to fabricate bespoke carpeting. There is an additional 95 vehicle at my upholstery business where they have created a special black carpet, resulting in an excellent outcome.