Service items recommended after 60,000 miles or after 72 months.

Kenjibb

Greetings everyone, my Sportage, a non-turbo petrol model with a 1.6 engine from March 2018, is scheduled for its main repair soon. However, the local Kia store is charging a staggering £459 for this service.
Can someone provide information on the specific fluids, components, and filters that are often replaced?

Most likely about £100 for the necessary components at most, with the remainder intended to exploit you financially. That is precisely why I no longer purchase new items and have independently learned how to do these tasks.

Thank you, I am capable of doing a comprehensive service on my own, but I would want to have a service stamp recorded in the book to ensure that the value of the vehicle remains unaffected when I decide to trade it in.

I find it fair to expect a major service to be performed, particularly considering that it is the last significant service covered under the warranty. While it is possible to save some money by going to an independent mechanic, having a complete set of KIA dealer stamps in your service book will increase the trade-in value when you decide to sell your car.

Furthermore, in the event of a significant disaster occurring during the last months of the guarantee duration, the dealer or KIA UK will not engage in any disputes about the warranty.

Thank you, this is what I am considering. I have seen several negative anecdotes about Kia warranty claims. Consequently, I am contemplating whether it is prudent to spend a substantial amount of money to extend the coverage for an additional 12 months until the expiration of the warranty, only to find myself unable to make a claim in the event of any potential issues.

Compare prices and options from different Kia dealerships by visiting the official Kia website. Each of them quotes in a distinct manner. Furthermore, there are Kia approved service facilities that provide even more affordable prices.

Indeed, you are correct - I discovered that the price is more than £100 lower by venturing a little further to a different Kia Dealer! Thank you for the guidance.