There is paint flaking around the wheel arch of a 2020 vehicle.

Cincoon

Has anybody else had this issue with an A Class AMG Line? The paint on my vehicle is peeling around the back tyre despite it having just 21000 kilometres. It is a 20 plate. Is this area covered by the warranty? Thank you

image.png.dd8f00abbcd4476257a9ecde09141155.png

Upon further examination, it seems that the peeling is caused by black mould around the liners. The criticism about scratches is inaccurate since the appearance of scratches in the picture is due to the lighting, not actual scratches in that region. I am considering using black touchup instead of dealing with the inconvenience of going via the dealer. What are your thoughts?

It seems as if someone struck the vehicle while going in and out, which aligns with the orientation of the marks near the door.
The size is too large to be attributed to stone chips.

The image shows a seam sealant called "moudling" applied to the inner arch to prevent chipping and corrosion. It is painted over during the manufacturing process.

There is a problem and it has been tainted. I would be amazed if it's an aftermarket fix since aftermarket body shops often do not re-seal seams in that manner.

Hello @Cincoon, Was this issue ever resolved? I am experiencing the same problem with my AMG line A200 from July 2021, which has 17,000 miles on it. The dealer claims that the damage is due to stone chips and is not covered under warranty, however it is really a paint adhesion problem.

Any dealer may simply evade responsibility by claiming there is clearly a stone chip problem. It was foolish of Mercedes to use beige liner and then paint it black. Why not use black plastic as before - those budget-conscious individuals.