My windscreen on my 2020 vehicle has a crack.

Bitxx

This morning, I discovered a fracture in the glass of my MY20 vehicle, which I marked with red colour. The damage should be located on the left side of the photo.
I want to know whether the Kia warranty would be impacted if I get my vehicle repaired by Autoglass instead of Kia.
Please provide guidance on my next course of action. Thank you very much.

image.thumb.png.71fe5fd772ef76301134127e08c533b3.png

A dealer will not install a screen themselves; instead, they will hire a subcontractor to do so.
Your warranty will remain unaffected.
Make sure that the person handling your vehicle is able to readjust the rain sensor located near the mirror.

We had issues with a Honda CRV and Autoglass, as they were unable to calibrate the screen. This resulted in many warning lights, causing the vehicle to fail its MoT and be inoperable. Ensure you locate a branch with a drive-in depot instead of a Portakabin situated in a supermarket parking park.

Unfortunately, I had a really negative experience with the auto glass on my last BMW 520d. 4 displays installed. The first three fitters removed them from their vehicles, and all of them had faults around the edges. It takes me a whole day each time. Once it was installed, I had a significant rattling and banging noise on the dashboard, which led to a dispute. Ultimately, I brought it to BMW, where they fitted an authentic screen, resulting in a flawless outcome. Completed with insurance coverage.

Dealers have the capability to replace windscreens if requested.

Autoglass may claim that the displays are of the same quality, but they are not. The first three displays had signs of deterioration around their margins.

Regrettably, Honda South Ruislip was unable to install a screen. We ultimately sought legal counsel. We had challenges since Autoglass was contracted by the insurance, not by us. Honda arranged for a rescue firm to relocate the vehicle on a low loader. We finally arrived at an Autoglass facility that was able to calibrate the new screen, even though we were first told that a Honda original screen would be necessary. No issues have occurred after then.

After hearing about your experience, I contacted Autoglass this morning. They informed me that they only provide OEM glass unless I specifically ask for a Kia genuine one, which comes at a higher price and takes longer to get. I am considering cancelling the Autoglass appointment and opting to see Kia directly instead.

Several members have used Autoglass without any problems. My insurance company sent me to Autoglass a few years ago, and they performed well. One negative report does not always indicate a pattern of poor performance, since consistent negative feedback would lead to a quick decline in company.

Agreed. I have Admiral insurance, which suggests utilising Autoglass for the replacement and will provide me with £4X. I heard that my premium would rise next year if I make a claim. I am considering not filing an insurance claim for it.

The Autoglass screen on the CRV is almost similar to the original, with the only difference being the presence of a Honda emblem. The item seems properly adjusted and all the driver assistance features function as they did before. Autoglass replaced the old screen with a new one but couldn't calibrate it due to the Bosch driver aid system, making the vehicle undriveable. Honda couldn't either. The automobile was off the road because it was due for a MoT inspection. Seeking legal guidance. Autoglass located a depot capable of calibrating the automobile. Honda then transported the car to the depot, returned it, conducted the MoT, and everything has been satisfactory since. I don't recall which Autoglass branch conducted the calibration, since it was arranged by Honda. (The issue might stem from different Bosch versions, and I believe that Kia's driver assistance system is a Hyundai product, not Bosch.)

Thank you for the detailed information. Recalibration is a problem for me as well, especially since my MY20 vehicle has a camera located at the top of the glass to enable the automobile detecting features.