Questions about the 1995 Classic Soft Dash Steering Wheel

CrownChikk

Observed that the central pad/SRS is fractured or has cosmetic damage. I have a new leather-wrapped steering wheel and I am now evaluating my choices for the centre pad. Wondering whether covering the centre with leather would be effective - it shouldn't affect the SRS/airbag function as long as it remains on the pad. Has anybody encountered this before? Is my only alternative to locate a new SRS/center pad from another soft dash or disco 1? Thank you!

Understood - that aligns with the specific location (horizontally in the centre of the pad) where a fracture is beginning to appear. Are there any issues with installing a new pad/airbag, or is it a straightforward plug-and-play process following the directions in RAVE? Uncertain whether installing a replacement would cause any problems or difficulties.

Substitution is straightforward. Regardless of your actions. Disconnect the battery 30 minutes before beginning work and do not reconnect it until you have completed reassembling. To reset the SRS light issue, Land Rover test book software is required, which may be difficult to locate for a 1995 model.
To remove the battery, just unscrew two torx screws on the rear and disconnect the airbag electrical connector. Straightforward!