Has anybody heard of Carrera Exhaust for the R8?

Barringer

I am on the verge of making a purchase offer on a 2017 R8 that comes equipped with an aftermarket exhaust system. The manufacturer is Carrera. I reside in Mexico, and the vendor claims that the exhaust is manufactured in the United States. However, I am unable to locate any information on this exhaust product. If it were Akro from Fabspeed, I wouldn't be doubting it, but I've never heard of this brand.

Does anybody know?

Lately, I have developed a keen interest in exhaust systems, having installed Akrapovic, Quicksilver, and Fabspeed on my vehicles. I have also visited the Secret Weapon exhaust headquarters in São Paulo.

...but I am unfamiliar with Carrera exhaust.image.png.e779d5b1700db1674977f8dbfc9b7c93.png

This exhaust does not seem to be of superior grade. If it appeals to you, then retain it. Most likely the most cost-effective option, particularly if it was obtained for free.

Currently, without installing catless headers, your automobile cannot produce any more noise. Based on my experience with V10 engines, narrower exhaust pipes in some sections result in a higher pitch and improved sound quality. Therefore, exhaust pipes are typically designed to wrap around in a bowtie shape to provide a unique and distinctive sound.

Not usually, however there have been a few instances when exhausts have led to problems.

1. Fitment - ensure that the exhaust outlets are correctly aligned with the body-mounted tips. Otherwise, it may result in paint damage. On Gen-1 automobiles, there have been instances of individuals incorrectly installing V8 and V10 exhausts without considering that they do not fit well with the bumper.

2. Heat shields are necessary to protect surrounding components from the high temperatures generated by exhaust systems. We have seen instances when backup camera wire melted and taillights cracked due to insufficient protection.

If you believe the quality is subpar, I recommend replacing it with a product of your choosing.

The pipes are mandrel bent with hangers and a badge soldered onto them. Based on the work's quality, it was probably completed by an amateur in their garage or backyard. I refrain from passing judgement. They are adequate in terms of completing tasks.

Without dimensions or clearances, I am worried about the end pipes not being tapered like the original pipes. This is the exhaust on my 2018 vehicle. Observe how the tips of my exhaust pipes extend into the exhaust housing by about one inch? Failure to ensure that the round end pipes extend beyond the rear border of the inner rectangular exhaust tips fitted into your bumper may result in hot exhaust entering the bumper housing. This will particularly occur while stationary.

As EZ said, it would probably result in some issues for you.