Is the body kit on my vehicle an authentic W126 AMG kit?

bourhay

Greetings, everybody.

I purchased a W126 300SE, manufactured in 1992, which is said to possess an authentic AMG bodykit installed by the manufacturer. I purchased it impulsively due to its very affordable price, and furthermore, I find its aesthetic appeal to be pretty captivating.

I'm seeking information pertaining to these bodykits. Any insights available? How can I authenticate this item? Were they indeed equipped at the factory? Do you have any intriguing pieces of information to share?

I am encountering difficulties in locating any information on these matters, and I would really appreciate your assistance.

Thank you!

If you are referring to the Mercedes plant, I believe the answer is no. Prior to 1993, there was no formal agreement between MB and AMG. Therefore, it is my understanding that any work performed was carried out either by AMG in Germany or by their local representatives, such as Stratton in the UK.

Determining from a photograph is arduous, if not unattainable. In the past, AMG operated as an independent tuning company. In the UK, components could only be obtained via Stratton's, the only distributor. There were indeed available components for the SECs, including a few 500 and 560 models with AMG bodykits, steering wheels, and wheels. These modifications were rather costly. However, it is uncertain if any kits for saloon models were available. It is quite unlikely that a 300 would have been equipped with authentic AMG components when it was first manufactured, mostly owing to the high cost involved.
AMG kits must to include a distinct component number imprinted on them.
They were not pre-installed at the manufacturing.

I apologise for the confusion, but it seems that I mistakenly believed I had already shared this information. As a result, there may be some repetition of the content provided by BTB.