VibrantShin Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago This 2023 CHR Excel is my wife's ride. The hybrid status display on the CHR only shows the orange sections of the hybrid battery for 3/4 of the battery. After 45 minutes of driving, the traction battery status remained unchanged. Is it typical to have a battery life of about 50%? Assist me, please. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PopeyeR Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago In a similar vein, I was requested to replace a 12v battery that, upon inspection, was found to contain two defective cells. This is the main reason why I always jumpstart my CHR. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
VibrantShin Posted 2 hours ago Author Share Posted 2 hours ago Your response has nothing to do with my inquiry, in my opinion. As far as I can tell, the traction battery status indicator is stuck at 50%. Is it the usual? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SlayNeo Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago Did you get a 1st or 2nd generation Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV) with your C-HR? The battery indicator on my old 2008 Prius went up and down to show when it was fully charged (actually 80% SoC) and depleted (actually 40% SoC), but it rarely hit 100% unless I was going down a hill. What makes my plug-in hybrid electric vehicle stand out is the infotainment screen window that displays the hybrid system's operation and the battery life. I've never seen a window like it before, visually depicting the battery's charge status. I can view the 13.6 kWh traction battery's state of charge (SoC) on the instrument dashboard screen, but the infotainment screen only shows the power source or where the power is going. The battery graphic is still lacking in excitement since it doesn't reveal the traction battery's charge level. How it appears on a first- or second-generation C-HR HEV is something I am not familiar with. Unfortunately, I am unable to assist you further. My PHEV is still teaching me new things after nine months of use. Unfortunately, my job keeps me so busy that I rarely have time to sit in it with the manual or an iPad to learn more about it. It's like being a beeping Space Shuttle in that C-HR 2nd Gen cockpit/flight deck... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WannaVulture Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago The traction battery takes care of itself, so there's no need to fret if its charge level is around 50%. The number of times I've seen the traction battery show a full charge after going downhill for several miles nonstop has been more than I can count on one hand. I'm currently on my second CHR, having had both a first-gen and a second-gen model. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WannaVulture Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago Amazon.co.uk : dashcam battery Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tactical Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago 2020 layout. Full bloom has never been visible to me. I'm fine with 50%. Just like a yo-yo, it will go up and down. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WannaVulture Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago Perfectly agreed. When it comes to hybrid battery management systems, Toyota makes what is arguably the best on the market. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tactical Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago The battery has full traction. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tactical Posted 2 hours ago Share Posted 2 hours ago Amazon.co.uk : dashcam battery Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now