NameInterest Posted 41 minutes ago Share Posted 41 minutes ago Hey there! I just had my car regen and I've noticed a few things: first, it's using less fuel than before. Second, the temperature is rising faster than before. I've checked the coolant level, so is this normal? Lastly, is it running smoother? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Uneripty Posted 41 minutes ago Share Posted 41 minutes ago My only clue that mine is performing a regent is a significant decrease in mpg, which happens whenever it does so. I haven't observed a change in mpg after regenerating. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NameInterest Posted 41 minutes ago Author Share Posted 41 minutes ago Apologies for the delayed response. I was hoping someone else had experienced the same symptoms. Up until the amber warning light came on, I had no idea what was wrong with this vehicle. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Workerat Posted 40 minutes ago Share Posted 40 minutes ago Attempting to burn off the DPF deposits typically results in increased fuel consumption. Icarsoft 3 is great; it wipes the slate clean and lets you trigger a regeneration whenever you choose. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NotePapa Posted 40 minutes ago Share Posted 40 minutes ago I'm not sure if my Icarsoft 2 will be able to perform the forced regeneration, so I may need to upgrade to Icarsoft 3. Thanks for the reply, though. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Workerat Posted 39 minutes ago Share Posted 39 minutes ago It would seem to reason that, with all the advanced technology in today's vehicles, there would be an obvious indicator on the dashboard to let you know when a regen is underway, so you can avoid stopping the engine and wasting oil. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DaisyDrift Posted 38 minutes ago Share Posted 38 minutes ago A dpf regeneration should be indicated by a dash light on the L551 diesel, which is a green variant of the red dpf full warning. Despite having the car scanner in the center of the CarPlay screen and knowing that a regeneration has just finished, I have never seen it! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DaisyDrift Posted 37 minutes ago Share Posted 37 minutes ago Amazon.co.uk : car scanner Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DaisyDrift Posted 37 minutes ago Share Posted 37 minutes ago Amazon.co.uk : Range Rover Evoque DPF Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now