Jump to content

NotePapa

Members
  • Posts

    188
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NotePapa

  1. As a former main dealer employee, I assert that only the credulous pay main dealer pricing beyond the warranty term. Legally, one is not obligated to do so even within the warranty period, but that pertains to a separate discussion. Independent productions are at least as commendable and often superior as well. A FMDSH will increase the PX price by only a few pennies compared to an independent one, and it is highly unlikely to be as much as the additional cost incurred at the main dealer. Furthermore, the main dealer will likely attempt to overcharge for other services. How frequently do we encounter discussions on this forum regarding their attempts to persuade customers to replace brakes that are less than 50% worn, which subsequently endure for several more years? To those asserting it is just somewhat more costly than a primary dealer, I possess some enchanted beans and a bridge that may pique your attention! I like an automobile with some historical significance, however I am indifferent about its origin. I have seen pristine vehicles with little history, similar to when I purchased my previous ALFA, and I have also observed neglected automobiles with full manufacturer service history. The worth to me is determined by the specific automobile, not its history. Regarding the subframes, several replacements have occurred with no dealer documentation, resulting in variability based on the dealer's practices.
  2. Impressive. Despite Mazda's repeated assertions that the problem lies with the faulty charging cable they provided with the vehicle, it has become evident that the issue originates from the car itself, rather than the connection. I must admit, I perceive a potential red herring in this situation, as no other cables, aside from the blue Mennekes ones, cause the vehicle to cease charging unexpectedly.
  3. The batteries may indicate 12.6V, although they are nonfunctional due to elevated series resistance, necessitating replacement
  4. Greetings everyone, I have reached 168,000 miles and evidently have a steady antifreeze leak that I cannot locate, but it is not affecting the cylinder heads. I am uncertain about the service history prior to 120,000 miles, leading me to suspect that the hoses and water pump are original. What is the anticipated cost for replacing a water pump? Regrettably, I lack proximity to a dealership, necessitating reliance on my local repair business, which I must approach without prior knowledge. I typically do most automotive tasks myself; but, after five minutes of inspection, I decided against proceeding with this 5.0 engine.
  5. I understand what you are saying. Return and assert that the situation is incorrect and that it has changed; it was not in that condition when you submitted it. Maintain your position; if they claim it is unrelated, request the diagnostic error codes and share them here.
  6. Consult the independent mechanic who serviced your vehicle yesterday. If they can program your new battery, they can interpret the error signals to identify the issue. It is conceivable that the SOS battery has reached the end of its life after six years; nonetheless, I believe you are only soliciting others to speculate about the issue. It is advisable to get the codes interpreted before enquiring further.
  7. For the better part of a decade, I've had a SIM card in my 2015 S5 while I made and received BT calls. It was solely for usage with the SatNav that the SIM was there. This is why I think the SIM should have no effect on the BT-to-phone process.
  8. https://www.paulstravelpictures.com/2017-2022-Kia-Sportage-Cargo-Area-Light-Bulb-Replacement-Guide/index.html
  9. Secure a piece of string around the cord as a provisional solution; this may assist with support, however the light used is, to my knowledge, prevalent among many kinds.
  10. If the automobile is manufactured after 2015 or 2016, it is unlikely that the laptop locksmiths will have the necessary software available. Mercedes has not yet made it available for sale, as far as I know. Therefore, it is conceivable that the AA is adopting this strategy.
  11. I have had my keys duplicated in under 40 minutes, without the need to remove the dash. It is likely that they are also changing the electronic ignition switch (EIS) simultaneously. Will the doors still be able to lock and open with the provided key?
  12. Congratulations, gentlemen. Sherlock Holmes would commend your work.
  13. I have never previously seen this, but in vehicles equipped with digital tachometers, does the installation of a tune that increases the redline limit often appear on the display?
  14. I appreciate the responses from everyone of you. Excellent! I will proceed to get a CTEK charger. I value the advice of everyone.
  15. Greetings, May I inquire if it would be OK to use a trickle charger for this battery? Currently, I am uncertain if I came across information stating that certain batteries should not be connected to a trickle charger, or whether I am confusing this with something else I read. Before connecting a trickle charger to my vehicle, I thought it would be wise to inquire here. Any advice would be much appreciated πŸ™‚
  16. Record videos! I hope that fid3lity does not discover this topic!
  17. If you possess the necessary cable, we are pleased to provide remote coding services to you.
  18. $50,000 is an aspiration. If he is prepared to sell it for $65k, it is likely one of the most affordable options available.
  19. I had used every available space. I own a video but am uncertain about the step to post it. It continued to ascend with great success. In the future, I will remove the rear wing.
  20. The gas cap cover was indeed present. The splitting mechanism had fractures at its mounting places.
  21. I have been extended an invitation to attend an event hosted by Kennedy Space Centre. You have the opportunity to operate a vehicle on the former shuttle runway, which spans a distance of 3 miles. In the same location, Stradman acquired his koenigsegg. The Audi achieved a score of 203.7. The most rapid vehicle available! I had a strong sense of excitement. During one of my runs, I had a catastrophic explosion of an aftermarket splitter at a speed of 195mph. Additionally, I misplaced my carbon fibre fuel door cover. No harm was inflicted against the vehicle. Here are some photographs. Additionally, I had the opportunity to visit NASA with a former load master who was involved in the shuttle project. Additionally, we had the opportunity to see the cyber truck mule in operation, however we were prohibited from capturing photographs or recordings due to the extensive testing conducted at the facility. I highly suggest.
  22. I eagerly anticipated his evaluation, anticipating that it would be quite positive in comparison to the I-6 Turbo. Indeed, it was. The PHEV has much superior functioning compared to the I-6. Formal testing on both road and track has unequivocally shown that it surpasses the I-6 in terms of speed, with a 0-60 time of 5.9 seconds. I am uncertain if he had a test drive of one of the Canadian vehicles, which would account for his characterization of it as "clunky". I assert this since the majority of the grievances expressed on this site are from Canadians. The construction of my Phev took place in late June 2023, and I was lucky enough to get the TCU modifications. I am uncertain about the power train's clumsiness that he is referring to. The noise emitted by the electric motor. Perhaps I am hearing impaired. The combination of a reliable 2.5 NA motor and a large electric motor with 2 clutches is very innovative. I am quite fond with the functionality. The level of quality and finish shown by the new automobile I have acquired is unparalleled in my personal experience. Last week, I received a phone call from my dealership, who requested my presence in order to facilitate the recall of the steering gear spring. Although I was not harmed, I still entered. The duration was 30 minutes. That is the appropriate conduct for a vehicle firm. Rapid and effective. To anyone contemplating a purchase: 1. Acquire the PHEV. 2. Avoid excessive contemplation of the complaints occurring on this forum. Offspring of a B--ch. A thread emerged over the presence of hazardous substances inside the interior due to the off-gassing of the coating. Certain individuals,......JEEEZ 3. Avoid becoming indolent. Irrespective of the inherent foolishness, it is advisable to engage in a breach of the fuel motor. You will much like the mileage, which is far superior than the information provided here. At intervals of 1000, 2500, and 5500, I performed an oil change. During the first miles, the engine will experience accelerated wear and breakage compared to any other point in its lifespan. ***For those who own an SUV. Leases will get the standard operational waste that the dealer will dispose of. I consistently adhere to the "severe duty" guidelines for all of the cars in my possession. I made a cash payment for my PHEV. I use a PAO synthetic material that is far superior to the recycled mineral oil waste that is often referred to as synthetic. Additionally, I have implemented a fumoto oil valve, which facilitates efficient and reliable oil changes. Additionally, a SETRAB HYPER-FLOW surgical stainless steel oil filter is used, boasting a flow rate that is four times greater than that of a Madza oil filter. Additionally, it has a depth of 25 micron and is equipped with a rare earth magnet at its base. By manually threading, you simply eliminate the muck by using brake cleaner, allowing you to see its removal. Mazda oil filters have a maximum capacity of 35-40 microns and significantly decrease flow. During the video examination of the steering gear, the technicians took note of the aforementioned issues. The remarks made were as follows: "Indeed, your seriousness is commendable."
  23. I am curious to know whether the (in)famous Elk test will still be successfully passed with an additional weight of 100 kg placed on the roof. πŸ˜„
×
×
  • Create New...