Jump to content

OmahaKnot

Members
  • Posts

    319
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by OmahaKnot

  1. Unless equipped with a manual gearbox, it is not possible to exceed the maximum revolutions per minute (RPM) of the engine. This is due to the gearbox's electronic control unit (ECU), which automatically shifts gears at the engine's maximum RPM. The only circumstance in which it would be possible to exceed the maximum engine speed while in the highest gear, with the torque converter clutch engaged, is while travelling in a steep downward direction. Exceeding the engine's maximum revolutions per minute would be of little concern to you at that point.
  2. I find that rather perplexing, as the only plausible answer, and I lack proficiency in technology.
  3. The only possibility that comes to me is that there are no saved codes. I plan to schedule a service appointment on Wednesday to address the issue with the ABS ring and see whether it resolves the problem. Do you know how I may remove other posts? My internet was being unreliable and not providing confirmation whether they were successfully posted.
  4. Greetings, I am new to this platform and I am unsure whether this is the appropriate place to make a post. I just acquired a second-hand e92 330d SE with 137,000 miles on the odometer. During the 65-mile drive home, I did not encounter any issues except for an intermittent ABS light, which is likely caused by a faulty magnetic ring on the wheel bearing. I have scheduled an appointment for Wednesday to get it repaired. Regardless, I always encounter a yellow transmission fault when the ABS light illuminates. I have examined the ISTA system and also used BimmerLink to investigate the occurrence of the transmission fault, however no error codes are present in the system. I need assistance with the TC. I am perplexed by the codes for the abs and glow plug. Presumably, there would be code saved for the TC.
  5. It is likely that he does not have comprehensive insurance for a vehicle that is 30 years old. It is essential to completely remove all computers and devices and carefully clean them. Wishing you success. Apologies for the difficulties you have experienced.
  6. I had a same experience. https://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/threads/f13-640d-inlet-manifold-replacement.595436/#replies
  7. All automobile manufacturers, including BMW, have engaged in this practice. Similarly, when the diesel particulate filter (DPF) undergoes a regeneration process, it simply incinerates the carbon and releases it into rural areas instead of urban areas. The rationale behind this is to avoid further polluting the already contaminated cities and towns, allowing the rural areas to bear the environmental burden instead.
  8. Everything is done in order to make emission claims seem favourable when a product is new. Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) results in a sequence of events, however, the measurement of the exhaust when it is fresh reveals astonishing cleanliness. After covering a distance of over 50,000 miles, the intake system is now experiencing accumulation of debris due to the recirculation of impurities into the input manifold. Consequently, I am curious about the current level of burn efficiency. The situation is deteriorating rapidly. The planet would benefit if all waste was discarded over the whole lifespan of a vehicle. *lifetime referring to the ACTUAL duration, rather than BMW's estimated range of up to 100,000 miles and 10 years! The N47 engine I have was identical.
×
×
  • Create New...