The Audi R8 Gen 1 has undergone a facelift. Spyder Pollen Filter

CrownChikk

Greetings everyone,

I had anticipated making more progress than what has been achieved so far. The user's text consists of a laughing face emoji. I have perused the available threads on the removal of the trim behind the glovebox, however it seems that the process may vary significantly for the Gen 1 facelift model.

There is no screw that has to be removed from the side trim, and there are no screws present in the glovebox. I have removed all the screws below and can lower the trim at the rear by around 3-4 inches. However, I have encountered at least 2-3 clips that are producing a loud and unpleasant sound when pulled farther.

Assistance in any kind would be very appreciated. I need to replace the parking sensor buzzer and have decided to concurrently replace the pollen filters.

image.thumb.png.dd4ccaf24f6e86f9d822e343c2625887.png

image.thumb.png.34cb7ca621de7817b494a83c1d5d45a7.png

Alright, I have made progress up to this point. I will thereafter publish a selection of photographs. Nevertheless, kindly refrain from informing me that the speaker is affixed to the rear of the vehicle via the trunk or bonnet. I am unable to locate any nuts or screws on this side. This is obstructing the process of replacing the filters. I am completely unaware of the location of the parking sensor buzzer.

Correction: I have located the buzzer. The component is positioned high above, located below the fresh air vent ducting for the passengers.

image.png.f8c4b5dc6d5a4ca079140eb20fa8a32d.png

To completely remove the glove box, you need to take out the felt trim piece, which is secured by many screws located beneath it. Regarding the sub, it does has studs and 3 nuts on the other side of the firewall. To reach them, it is necessary to remove the trim pieces located under the hood and in the front trunk. Once you have completed all the aforementioned tasks, I highly recommend replacing the cabin air filter. Since you have already gone through most of the necessary steps, it would be efficient to address this maintenance chore while everything is already disassembled.

I have started the process of disassembling the decorative moulding in the trunk. I am now anticipating the delivery of a Windscreen wiper puller, which is scheduled to come tomorrow. Once the trim is removed, are they readily accessible? Concerning the glovebox trim, there were no screws present in the glovebox of my 2014 Spyder that needed to be removed. Yet another excerpt from below. Peculiar. Do you believe the reason is due to it being a cosmetic procedure to enhance one's appearance?

image.thumb.png.f9fd3ee0176bf4effae3393b4b5dc825.png

image.thumb.png.55d65fa2d2fdbbf9534e80d959cf844f.png

Exercise extreme caution while removing the wiper arms, as it is very susceptible to causing damage to the windscreens. Place a layer of padding around the rim of the glass and ensure that the arms of the puller are kept at a safe distance.

After removing the wiper arms and top trim piece, it is advisable to create an aperture or add an access lid for the brake reservoir fluid. I installed an aluminium frame and carbon cover on my vehicle. However, I found it rather inconvenient to have to remove the whole front trunk, wipers, and trim pieces only to check fluid levels.

Thank to everybody, really the wiper arms were somewhat challenging. I using a puller to extract the middle wiper arm... However, the puller tool was unable to fit under the trim on the side. A puller equipped with two "pincher" arms on each side is clearly necessary. The one I purchased just included a slot located at the bottom. Subsequently, I used a generous quantity of release oil and a substantial degree of oscillation.

The automobile, which is approaching a decade in age, has annual maintenance at Audi. However, I must emphasise that the wiper arms have been untouched for a significant duration of time. They were firmly stuck and there was no indication of any lubrication present? I used silicone grease throughout the reinstallation process.

Does Audi need to carefully remove the trim in order to inspect the braking fluid?

I had a same problem while attempting to detach my wiper arms. I have recently created a distinct article on the puller that I ultimately acquired. You may want to have a look at it for future reference.

Finally, during my attempt to replace the pollen filters, I encountered a delay in realising that Audi had intentionally positioned the dense wire harness beneath the pollen filter housing.

image.thumb.png.d85c458a6fe0989ba65fdbedc8175b69.png

image.thumb.png.7c0acf9d8957c140ec4b84f1af2be224.png

I discovered that the only method of inserting them was by applying a forceful pull on the loom, causing it to disengage from its original position beneath the housing. It was effortlessly easy. Audi charges a fee of £400 in the United Kingdom for this service. I see the reason why finding it amusing 🤣🤣

The automobile has accumulated a mileage of 34,000 kilometres. As a spyder, I assumed that the air conditioning and heating would not be used often. Nevertheless, I was astounded by the dire need for their replacement.

image.thumb.png.ae2e03c9725df52b133384c4595b0461.png

It is quite probable that this is the original filter. It is a challenging task, as you are aware, and Audi does not provide sufficient time for technicians to do it during a service, so they often neglect it.

I appreciate the ingenious concept. 👍

Indeed, I received a recommendation from another member to engage in that activity. It is logical. I believe that my battery may need replacement in the near future, therefore to be honest, it is not a significant issue to remove it. I have lubricated the wiper spindles.

For your information, it seems to be a 100mm soil pipe blanking cap. 🤣

Not entirely accurate, but quite close. I used a 76mm diameter version of this item, however I would certainly choose for a larger size if I were to repeat the process. Currently, I am experiencing persistent urges from my obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) to devise a method for aligning a bigger hole saw in the middle. However, I am currently fighting these urges.

I have enlarged the holes after first cutting a smaller one. I enlarge the hole in a piece of wood or plastic to the necessary size and then fasten it securely. I then use it as a guide without the central drill inserted.