The technician at my local shop successfully replaced just 5 glow plugs in a Mercedes E-Class W211.

rauman

Greetings, everyone.
Upon doing a diagnostic, it was determined that only one glow plug was operational. The primary concern was a misfire occurring between 2500 and 3000rpm at full speed, as well as a little difficult start in the morning.

I made an appointment with my nearby mechanic and had a comprehensive service performed, which included the replacement of all filters and an oil change.

He successfully replaced just 5 of the glow plugs, with the final one being very difficult to remove. He was cautious not to break it and attempted many times, but was unsuccessful.

After replacing 5 new glow plugs, the problem of misfire has been resolved.
Uncertain on the improvement in miles per gallon (mpg).
The glow plug light continues to illuminate for the same duration of 30 seconds as it did before.

Should I promptly seek out another technician to address the issue with the most recent glow plug?

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or recommendations.

Thank you everyone.

No, it is not functioning, presuming that was the correct one.... it is a simple examination. It is somewhat peculiar that a large number of individuals departed simultaneously. I have never had the opportunity to attempt many tasks simultaneously. They possess a perpetual lifespan, resembling light bulbs in their functionality, regardless of whether they are operational or not.

We had a same problem with one of our Fiat Ducato vehicles. The diagnostic tool indicated that all four glow plugs were defective after 130,000 km. It was a challenging task to access and replace them. It was discovered to be the control unit.

If the vehicle starts and operates without issues, I would be inclined to refrain from making any changes. If a plug becomes broken, it may be extracted by drilling, but it may not be worth the inconvenience if the engine is functioning well.

Two out of the six plugs in my OM642 engine have failed, although this has had no significant impact. Due to a malfunctioning relay, none of the plugs were operational, resulting in a delayed cold start. I used the vehicle in that manner for about a year without experiencing any kind of misfire. In addition to occasional plug failures and relay issues, I have also had a failure of the 225A 'mega fuse' in the glowplug circuit.

Previously, only the number 4 was functional. However, the user succeeded in altering the functionality of number 4, but was unable to do the same for number 6.

Indeed, it is possible for the temperature to have dropped to -8°C yesterday.
Additionally, it operates adequately.
Therefore, it is advisable to maintain the current state without making any changes, as you have suggested.