Reliability of the E300de

Istairde

I am now in the midst of purchasing a 2019 E300de estate. I am curious in the level of expertise possessed by individuals in this community. (Is the automobile reliable or prone to issues?) Thank you in advance

Greetings,

I am on the verge of purchasing a 2021 facelift E300DE. I am highly delighted by my test drive.

I am curious whether you have encountered any challenges or potential pitfalls? Thank you in advance.

The automobile is excellent and quite intelligent, since it automatically decelerates to charge properly, ensuring that it remains slightly over the applicable speed restrictions. It becomes engaged, yet in all the appropriate ways. You have the ability to overcome anything that you find displeasing, but personally, I find everything to be enjoyable.🤩
I regularly utilise all the diving modes. While the electric range is officially said to be around 21 miles on a full charge, I have personally seen it to go up to 30 miles. Typically, this suffices for my local journeys, preventing the diesel engine from starting (unless I am in a rush😂). For longer travels, the 2-liter diesel engine offers better fuel efficiency. The user's text is simply "M".
The front ball joints and track rod end have just been changed, despite the vehicle only having 60,000 miles on it. This repair cost £1000. However, the battery seems to be in the same condition as when it was purchased at 45,000 miles. I am hopeful and optimistic about maintaining it for at least 10 years.

To be honest, the combination of a sophisticated Euro 6 diesel engine with a Mercedes hybrid system seems like a very problematic and worrisome scenario in the long run. If I recall well, is there also a gasoline-powered variant available? That is precisely what I would be seeking, from a personal standpoint.

If a hybrid vehicle is not a must, you may also contemplate the more straightforward option of the C300 petrol model. Our vehicle achieves an impressive fuel efficiency of 45+ miles per gallon over extended trips, while also demonstrating adequate acceleration.