Rotating the knob on the W212 COMAND system.

CleverPixel

Greetings, I am now considering purchasing a w212, but, it seems that the rotation function on the command knob is not functioning. This seems to be a well-known issue with this particular model. I only like to ascertain if it is imperative to promptly replace it, or whether the absence of this rotation feature would not significantly impair the functionality of most command operations, such as changing the radio or setting the GPS. Thank you!

As a dealer, I am unable to negotiate after a contract has been signed. However, I would be happy to address any questions you may have. Specifically, if the scrolling capability is not available, and assuming that vertical and horizontal movements are functional, what limitations would I encounter?

While the work is not necessarily unpleasant, there is a possibility of encountering a defect with the CONAND unit or another factor that may provide a relatively low danger.

I am not implying that you made a mistake in purchasing the automobile. However, it is important to consider the element of risk when buying a car with a known defect.

Thank you very much! However, specifically, what actions am I unable to do without the slide function? With the exception of the navigation zoom, I am aware of everything else.

The W212 model was equipped with the NTG4.5 system until late 2015, at which point it was upgraded to the NTG5*1 system. What is the car's manufacturing year? The W212 was discontinued in 2016.

This is the pre-facelift version, and it will come with either Audio20 or COMAND NTG4.

If the device is equipped with COMAND, it will include a spacious PCMCIA bay, which serves as a distinguishing characteristic.

There are several videos available on YouTube that demonstrate the process of replacing the Comand NTG4 control wheel shaft. I had a similar issue with my S204 C220 equipped with NTG4. Purchased a new aluminium shaft as a replacement for the old plastic one, which tends to break. However, due to the intricate nature of the task and my lack of dexterity, I decided to have a nearby auto audio establishment do the operation on my behalf.Please note that the most recent update for the NTG4 satnav system is dated 2018-19, and Mercedes-Benz will not be releasing any more updates. Additionally, it is important to be aware that there are two versions of the NTG4 update DVD available, namely -204 and -212. These versions are not interchangeable, therefore if you are purchasing an update, ensure that you have the authentic MB NTG4-212 version.