The Sportage has a harsh idle when starting.

TraumaLaugh

I own a 2017 Kia Sportage with a 1.7 diesel engine, which has accumulated 80,000 kilometres. The fuel filter was replaced 6 weeks ago at 75,000 miles. Despite no issues during normal use on Friday, the engine started idling roughly and almost cutting out when I started it in the evening to go to the shop. When I slightly revved the engine, it did not respond immediately but eventually started running normally. This rough idling now occurs every time I start the engine, regardless of whether it is at running temperature or cold. If I don't rev the engine before setting off, it lacks power when accelerating, but then surges and drives normally. The AA conducted a thorough inspection and test drive but were unable to identify any defects, even when the vehicle was turned off and restarted. Another observation I have made is that the stop-start feature no longer activates, although its functionality has always been inconsistent. Has anybody else had similar issues? Thank you in advance.

Have you recently refuelled?

One potential solution is to do a reset by disconnecting the battery for a duration of 10 minutes, and then attempting to use the device again.

Perhaps adding a gasoline system cleaning to the tank might be beneficial.I use a disinfectant periodically to maintain cleanliness on the injection site.I am certain that they perform effectively.

If there is no email attached to it, fortunately it does not contain anything malicious that may result in a significant financial burden.

Thank you for your input, mate. I make an effort to refrain from using supermarkets for purchasing gasoline and I hire a professional cleaning around every 6 months. The fuel tank was last refilled around one week ago. My nephew, who has experience working as a technician for Hyundai, has seen a video and suspects that one of the injectors may have malfunctioned. I am going to contact Kia to have them inspect the vehicle as it is still covered by the warranty.

Latest information I just had a conversation with a nearby automotive repair shop, and they informed me that they have been receiving a significant number of automobiles with contaminated gasoline during the last week or two.

Hopefully just low-quality gasoline.

Many people refuel their vehicles with BP petrol and also use a fuel additive to improve its cleanliness.
Exert a significant effort.

I have never succumbed to the notion that retail gasoline is inferior than branded petrol - it is just a fiction. I have been operating motor vehicles for an extensive period of time, beyond my ability to recall the exact duration. Throughout this extensive period, I have encountered just one unfavourable occurrence related to gasoline, which happened at a BP service station. I now prioritise finding the nearest option that offers good value for money, and then proceed to make a purchase.
One precaution I take is to refrain from refuelling my vehicle while the tanker is replenishing the petrol station's underground tanks, in order to prevent any potential disturbance of sediment. It seems likely that this is a myth.

If you do an online search for substandard gasoline obtained from petrol stations, you will come across a plethora of news articles on the subject.

It occurs.

I refuelled my compact Doblo van at a nearby Sainsbury's location and the performance of the van was really unsatisfactory.

The performance was awful, with a lacklustre start and overall poor execution.
Replenished with my customary Jet and restored to its original condition.

The local Morrisons store also received several complaints.

Indeed, I am aware. A few years back, there was an incident at a BP garage when many automobiles had performance issues after refuelling. The garage denied any wrongdoing, and the local trade standards conducted a gasoline analysis, confirming its quality. However, all parties concerned opted to have the fuel drained and replaced at a different location, resulting in flawless performance. Curiously, the forecourt underwent a comprehensive transformation shortly thereafter. Ultimately, the decision on how to use your funds rests with you. πŸ™‚

I contacted my dealer, but they informed me that the earliest available booking is on the 12th of May. They also said that as there are no defects shown on the dashboard, it should be safe to drive until then. Hopefully, this turns out to be the case.