AdBlue Problem

NotePapa

Many individuals have reported encountering problems with the engine management light, specifically the inability to read the AD Blue fluid level. I am experiencing this issue as well, although occasionally the correct reading does appear. For instance, it initially showed 8600 miles remaining, but has now decreased to 8300 miles. Despite the car functioning properly, the engine management light remains illuminated, causing concern. Additionally, the inability to consistently read the fluid level persists intermittently. The diagnostic check conducted by my local garage revealed that there is a defect with the AD Blue system. The garage believes that the issue is due to overfilling, and they suggested that the problem will resolve itself when the level of AD Blue reduces. However, further investigation indicates that it is not possible to repair only the level sensor, but rather the whole tank has to be replaced. The user's text consists of four pound signs (££££).

Perform a rapid search on this exact topic....Instances of Adblue problems are often seen and regrettably often need costly rectification. Personally, I would avoid any involvement with it unless I were travelling a far greater distance than the Millennium Falcon.It seems that the money saved on gasoline may frequently be offset by out-of-warranty maintenance, such as Adblue problems, therefore nullifying any potential savings. Based on your message, it seems that you do not have any remaining warranty.

Additionally...

WELCOME

Thus far, you are accurate in every aspect.

One potential solution is to extract the AdBlue fluid and substitute it with a new batch of high-quality fluid. Additionally, using an anti-crystallising chemical may be beneficial. The probability of achieving success is not substantial, but considering the expense, it is advisable to give it a try.

If it doesn't work, you will need to purchase a new tank and sensor, and hope that it resolves the issue.

Undoubtedly, some individuals here may suggest a 'AdBlue erase' option. However, it is up to you to carefully consider this choice and its potential legal and insurance consequences.

Additionally, if you made a purchase of the vehicle from a trader during the last 6 months, it is advisable to return it to the original place of purchase.

I appreciate your response. I anticipated that would be the response. Currently, I am not experiencing the troublesome countdown problem. I have implemented a de-crystallising agent to address the issue. Additionally, I have contemplated removing the AD Blue system, but I am not well-informed about the potential consequences in terms of passing the MOT test, maintaining resale value, and complying with legal regulations.

Although it is currently not readily apparent, engaging in this activity is unlawful. However, in reality, there is a good chance of avoiding detection or punishment. Whether or not you are okay with this is a personal decision. While selling a car, it is advisable to refrain from overtly disclosing some information, although some purchasers could see it as an advantage. Some individuals may be reluctant to purchase a car that is technically unfit for road use.

From my perspective, I would refrain from engaging in such behaviour. I make it a point to provide all relevant information to the insurance company, and I have no desire to own a vehicle that has undisclosed alterations. However, not all individuals exhibit concern.

Similarly, I also see that many individuals willingly use their vehicles with AdBlue delete (or removed DPF, EGR delete, etc.). It would be problematic if they begin inspecting NOx levels during the MOT.

If given the option, I would abstain from purchasing another diesel vehicle. I may be compelled to replace our Vito without any alternative.