Corrosion of the alloy centre cap

Bedelon

Greetings, everyone.
I am interested in purchasing a pre-owned (60 plate) 530d SE, which seems to be in decent condition, except for the centre caps of the alloy wheels, which are all in a similar worn-out state. Is this only corrosion?

Most likely, the cause is just the natural process of ageing combined with the use of strong cleaning agents. The price of a new set on eBay is affordable, so it should not discourage you.

The middle caps of my 2009 3 series show similar signs of degradation. There is no need to be concerned, and as @SpannerHands points out, they are inexpensive to replace. Are the alloys in excellent condition overall?

Yes, satisfactory overall. The vehicle has had just one owner, has been driven for 95,000 km, and comes with a full service history (FSH). Available at a price of £7,295.

I made a purchase via the online marketplace eBay, whereas my particular and selective friend made a purchase directly from the luxury automobile manufacturer BMW.
Both sets occurred simultaneously, lasting around four years, if I recall correctly.
You may choose between purchasing one set of authentic items or acquiring a collection of eBay items that spans a period of 20 years.

The website is onbuy.com.The cost of delivery for these replacement M4 originals is £5.99. I decided to replace my previous ones due to rust.